Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Xdm and very proud of my decision. It's by far one of the best handguns I've ever shot, but the choice in holsters isn't catching up with the demand for the gun. I got out of the Marines about 3 months ago and have a lot of expirience with the Blackhawk serpa tactical holster for the 9mm beretta and thats about it. Does anyone know any better holsters for the 40?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I just got my Xdm and very proud of my decision. It's by far one of the best handguns I've ever shot, but the choice in holsters isn't catching up with the demand for the gun. I got out of the Marines about 3 months ago and have a lot of expirience with the Blackhawk serpa tactical holster for the 9mm beretta and thats about it. Does anyone know any better holsters for the 40?
If you are looking for a duty holster, check out Safariland model 6390, its an Auto Locking holster. Your thumb unlocks it like a thumb-break type of holster.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A few more options:

Blackhawk CQC (leather pancake)
I have a like this one. It's a basic thumb break snap and takes a little while to break into the gun. Mine was about a month and a half of flexing it and practice draws every day to really losen up the strap and get it comfortable. Excellent holster though.

Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe
A buddy of mine has this and says he absolutely would buy another given the chance. Says its the most comfortable IWB holster he's ever owned. He personally likes the combat cut because it makes it easier to draw the gun, but to each his own. Keep in mind you can always send it back to get the combat cut later if you decide you want it. You cant send it back having already got it combat cut though.

Without more information about what you want the holster to do, we cant help much. Is it for duty use, concealed carry, IWB, OWB, etc...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm looking for a duty holster for the police department and a tactical holster just for practice. I've seen the safariland holster but nothing on the website I was looking at said that it would fit an xdm 40.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Crossbreed.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Darkhorse, you didn't specify IWB or OWB, but I use a Serpa for my XDm40 and I think it's just about the perfect holster. And if you're already familiar with it, all the better.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I bought a Raven Concealment Systems holster for mine. I think its by far the best holster out here for me. It helps that its light compatible and I can keep my TLR-1 on my pistol at all times. Its also able to conceal a full sized pistol with light without much effort.

If you can stand the wait time, its worth it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts