Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the xd9 4inch for CC. I have a good medium rise holster that conceals very well. I see everyone chatting about holsters but is anyone using the reinforced belts made specifically for carrying? If so how do you like them and are they worth the expense?

·
Registered
219 Posts
ridgerunnr said:
i have the xd9 4inch for CC. I have a good medium rise holster that conceals very well. I see everyone chatting about holsters but is anyone using the reinforced belts made specifically for carrying? If so how do you like them and are they worth the expense?
I have a Gunners Alley leather gun belt. It cost about $60 I think but it made a world of difference. It broke in nicely and I wear it every day. I will buy another gunnersalley leather belt as soon as I wear this one out.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I hear they're a great thing to have, especially for an OWB holster. I have a cheap belt that's pretty stiff, and I carry my 4" .40 in a Comp tac CTAC IWB. Works ok for now...till I get the $$$ for a real belt. :)

Gunnersalley.com has a bunch to choose from.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have both a Gunners Alley belt and one from Rafter S. Both are excellent belts but I slightly prefer the Gunners Alley one. Either one will do a much better job of supporting your holster than any ordinary belt.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I wear a belt from Rafter S. Gunleather whether I am carrying or not now. I'm really happy with the belt, but had a little trouble with their service and getting it. (They shipped it a month after they orginally had said they would and never really told me what was going on with it).

There are threads discussing carry belts, just use the search function and you should find them.

Good luck.

jonas

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
For everyday wear I use the 1 1/2" Galco Cop Belt (CSB7) and the Sport Belt (SB2). These are some sturdy belts!
http://www.usgalco.com

·
Registered
401 Posts
JHA XD40 said:
I wear a belt from Rafter S. Gunleather whether I am carrying or not now.
Me too. I wear a Rafter S belt or a Dillon Precision gun belt every day. I also have a Wilderness Tactical nylon web belt that I keep in my range bag, but it's almost too wide to wear on a daily basis. It barely fits through the belt loops of my jeans, so I just wear it over my regular belt when at the range.

A good leather gun belt is well worth the expense, for two reasons: 1) it makes a gun much more comfortable to carry because it supports it so much better, and 2) they will last a hell of a lot longer for daily use than a department store belt.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
40SWXDSHOOTER said:
If you want some thing other the leather, I like the Wilderness Instructor belts. I have been using them for a few years, and they have held up great.
www.thewilderness.com
This is what I'm currently using. I purchased the Frequent Flyer model with the plastic ring buckle system. They are plenty strong. I got the 1.5" 5-stitch. It's holding my gun up just fine and is stiff.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I use either a Don Hume or Gunners Alley belt for CCW and competition use. They make a huge difference over just a normal belt. I have to say that I finally took the plunge (after listening to all of the positive comments on this board) and bought a Gunner's Alley belt a while back. What a nice belt for $50-60. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat!

·
Registered
48 Posts
+1 on the Gunner's Alley belt. The only drawback is that they are custom made and take a little while to get. They are well worth the wait though!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I bought a Milt Sparks belt last year when I thought we might get CCW here in Kansas. Our governor veotoed the bill so no concealed carry for now. I wear the belt for everyday use, though. Best belt I ever had.

·
Banned
3,861 Posts
I wear Rafters Gunleather belts.

I agree with all the above reasons for having a bomb proof belt. It would also make a pretty formidable weapon if you were somewhere like on a commercial flight and had been stripped of most of your other options.

bd

1 - 16 of 16 Posts