Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help. I am a newbie to concealed carry and am planning to buy a holster for my XD .40 sub. I am interested in fact, as well as opinion, on the different materials that are available and how they affect the finish of the gun and the speed of the draw.

As of now I am leaning towards the Texas Heritage IWB because it is all leather and I like leather. However, I am also interested in The "Answer" IWB, but am not at all familiar with Kydex. Is Kydex a plastic, or are plastic holsters yet another option?

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Kydex is a plastic, some prefer it and some prefer leather. No one can tell you whats right for you as we all find different holsters to a different liking.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Well I think it depends on the method of carry you have chosen. Kydex is fast for sure, wears certain points on your gun quicker than any other type of matieral and can be uncomfortable when carried IWB. Leather is almost as fast, will eventually start to wear you finish and is more forgiving and flexible.
So......for OWB carry....a good kydex rig is worth looking at IMO.....For IWB, I prefer leather....but admittedly Im biased. :D

Shoot well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts