Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I'm the new guy at XD Talk. Been reading up on all the post that's here and have learned a lot! Thank you for that. I have a problem that I need some help with. I just got a new XD 45 Service and I'm having a heck of a time with a holster choice. I do not like a IWB at all, never have. Always have used a OWB leather paddle. That's what I'm looking for right now and need some feed back from those out there that carry concealed using a leather paddle. I've read a lot about the cross breed and it has an outstanding following with great customer service. However I'm a stubborn man and that makes it harder on a decision! So I need all the input I can get! My build is 6' at 180 lbs if that helps. So please let me hear some ideas!

Michael

·
Registered
59 Posts
I use the Galco Fletch OWB holster for CC. It has served me well. I did however need to get a wider belt to match the belt slots. But overall, it works really good for me...

·
Premium Member
355 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I use the Galco Fletch OWB holster for CC. It has served me well. I did however need to get a wider belt to match the belt slots. But overall, it works really good for me...
Hello whiplash. Do you also carry the Service model? Does the Galco Fletch stay tight up against the body? What width of a belt did you use? Sorry for all the questions. Just weighing my options. You guys have been a great help! And I thank all of you for that. I'm glad I found this site!

Michael

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have several XD's and use holsters from the following holster makers.
ubgholsters.com and rogholsters.com
These are quality holsters at a good price and best of all they both have short wait times

·
Registered
366 Posts
I use a DeSantis Viper for OWB carry, it's leather and has a paddle. Not too concealable, unless you're wearing a jacket.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I use Don Hume OWB with retainer strap. Here is the link:H717 [H717] - $46.30 : Don Hume Leathergoods, manufactures high quality leather and nylon goods.

It sits very close to the body, open bottom, thumb release. Comes very tight, so wrap XD with wax paper and leave in over night, repeat by adding another layer of wax paper each night for 3-4 nights. This would be the same for any leather holster.

Mine now is just tight enough to retain if the strap came undone, but allows for a most excellent draw, faster and smoother than a Kydex.

It will serve you very well, and conceals better than any OWB I have ever had.

Good luck.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a Don Hume H721 on its way. Talked to them today, and they said it was the best option for the XD for concealed carry. I did find out that thier paddle holsters hold the sidearm about an inch away from the body. Interesting. I will report back after I get a chance to try it out.

Michael

·
Registered
416 Posts
My GF uses a Blackhawk Serpa and loves it, much more than the leather one she was using.

There are lots of good holsters, be prepared to have boxfull after a while

·
Registered
181 Posts
Don Hume J.I.T. or Don Hume First Agent, can't beat 'em for the comfort or the price. The order line forms waaay over there :arrow:.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I got the Don Hume yesterday and a Desantis 1.5" belt. Man I'm impressed! Fits nice and tight to the body, and is very comfortable. Totally changed the way the pistol carry's now. I had my doubts when I first bought the XD Service on how easy it was going to be to conceal. However I fell in love with her and brought her home and got the Don Hume holster. Best decision I've made in quite sometime. And this is coming from a 1911 die hard. I couldn't be happier.

Michael

1 - 14 of 14 Posts