Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ready to purchase a concealment holster for my new XD9-SC.

Specifically I want:
- concealable IWB Right handed, to be worn somewhere between 3 and 6
- some forward cant (or adjustable)
- leather (but willing to consider plastic, the hybrid "Tucker Answer" looks interesting, but I only see it for the Service model)
- preferably small (ie. made for the SC without a lot of extra bulk)
- would prefer an open top holster, but would consider thumb strap too.

If it helps in suggestions, I'm not a small guy; 6'1", 220 lbs. I have personally used Galco, FIST, High noon, and Desantis in the conceal holster lines.

I'm not sure which companies make holsters for the XD9-SC, so any info on which companies I should look at would be great.

Also I'd like to hear what people have tried, and their personal opinions on specific holsters after using them.

Thanks in advance,
Kory.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
This doesn't meet all of your wants, but they may have something that does. I took my XD SC9mm to Tex Shoemaker in San Dimas, Calif. They did a tracing of my gun and in 3 days I had a suede IWB, open top holster, custom made to my gun for $18. It was sent via either Ups or Fedex, can't recall. This one is not adjustable for cant, but that was a year ago and mine was the first one they made. It's in excellent shape by the way and I wear it ccw every day.

They may be able to help. At one time (and I think they still do) they supplied all of the leather gear for the L.A. County Sheriff's Dept., the largest in the country.

As soon as I get a laser, I'm going back to them for another holster.www.texshoemaker.com

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I recently got a Fist #1 kydex holster for my little .38 snub nose from Gunners Alley.. I must tell you, that I LOVE THIS FRIGGIN HOLSTER!!

I know, most of the guys like the leather holsters.. but I have had terrible luck with leather. I have a Don Hume leather holster for my XD, and I hate it. Getting the gun out is a piece of cake, but putting it away is nearly impossible.

In fact, I just ordered another one of these kydex holsters this morning for my XD.

I hope it gets here by fathers day!

Raymond

·
Registered
20 Posts
SWEET Captain Ray!!!! I just got myself one of those Taurus snubbies and was looking for a holster......I'm getting myself one!

·
Registered
182 Posts
FatBob said:
Specifically I want:
- concealable IWB Right handed, to be worn somewhere between 3 and 6
- some forward cant (or adjustable)
- leather (but willing to consider plastic, the hybrid "Tucker Answer" looks interesting, but I only see it for the Service model)
- preferably small (ie. made for the SC without a lot of extra bulk)
- would prefer an open top holster, but would consider thumb strap too.
My criteria was somewhat similiar to yours and I was deciding between an Answer and CTAC. Additionally, I wanted to eliminate the belt clips if possible, so I ended up with this
-hype

·
Registered
813 Posts
I got a Tucker Answer for my Service and carry my SC in it with no problems. (nice having one holster for 2-3 guns) I am also going to order a CTAC as well for a lighter holster during summer.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the replies and suggestions of products to consider! It's REALLY appreciated.

As of right now, I've narrowed it down to three choices I'm considering. Two have been suggested here, and one (through my research) I feel deserves a chance, even though it's all Kydex. Here they are in no particular order:
1. Tucker, "the Answer"
2. Comp tac, C-TAC
3. Threat Solutions, UCR

I'm really interested in the UCR, but I notice it comes in a ones size fits all XD's. Would I wish to trim it, or would a sub-compact just fit better than the full sizes?

Thanks for all the imput, if anyone has any experience with any of these three, I'd like to hear they're thoughts.

Thanks again,
Kory.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts