Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anything recommended in particular? I would imagine a belt-mount would be difficult... i dunno.

i have an xd9 service.

·
Registered
375 Posts
the only way to carry concealed legally where i am, on a bike, is in a fanny pack with the pack locked. so i carry in a smaller fanny pack that i use only on the fj, with my wallet, money, etc., locked using one of those cheap luggage locks. it's one with the three dials for numbers for the combination, i just keep one number on one dial off, so i could unlock it quickly if necessary. i keep my ccw permit and id in the opposite side pocket of my aerostich suit, so that i can show any LEO my permit without reaching for that side where my gun is located.

i wouldn't recommend carrying it literally on your person when riding, just like i don't recommend carrying any stuff on your person when on the motorcycle, too much of a possibility of it overcoming the protective gear i'm already wearing.

(editing on) i should clarify my first paragraph. the only way to carry legally _on my person_ is either in a holster in plain view or in a locked fanny pack. i'm not inclined to go riding around with a gun in plain view with me on my bike, so that leaves only one viable option. sorry i wasn't clearer with the original statements i made. (editing off)

dean
cincinnati
xd40service
xd9sc
'92 yamaha fj1200-exABS

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i wonder if it's legal to have the gun in my backpack in a locked box... without a ccw... i've applied for it, but it takes 2-3 months

·
Registered
92 Posts
Galco M7X Matrix Holster $19.99 <----- Great deal and it's very concealable
www.productwizard.com/galco-holster-matrix.html

H717: Agent 9
Base Price: $42.00
http://gunnersalley.com/product/H717

WITH THUMB BREAK - AUTOMATICS & REVOLVERS - H717 The Agent 9 is designed to carry weapons of all barrel lengths. Metal reinforced thumb break and double stiched sew lines. Fits belts up to 1 3/4 inch very concealable.

Bianchi Model 6D – ATB™ Waistband
www.bianchi-intl.com/product/Prod.php?TxtModelID=6D

I own all three holsters and I am very happy with all of them.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Well....as a holster maker and an MSF Inst./Sport bike obssessive :D
The problem with belt carry with either IWB or OWB is Jacket ride up...
The position you ride in and the wind pulling the jacket up will cause printing with almost any holster.
I made a pocket holster fora guy with a Vanson Leather and it works great...
Also a shoulder holster is anohter great choice..

Think abou this....."Its not a matter of if youll go down, but when?" Sound familiar. Every rider will do it....at sometime or another.

Think about where you gun is, can you access it when you need it, is it gonna stay concealed and is it gonna hit critical areas when I go down and slide/roll/bounce down the street?

Shoot well.........I carry a shoulder rig when I ride. Its the place I feel the safest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts