Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we just laid down some cash today for a new Mod 2 for my wife. Just have to wait the 2 day waiting period. Damn right I'm gonna shoot it tho too.

It does print a bit on my wife with the width being what it is... So now we are on the hunt for a super thin kydex holster. But obviously there are no holsters on the market for it yet.

So that leads me to this one basic question. Anybody know if the Mod 2 fits holsters made for the original XD Subcompact?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Text Font Screenshot

Thanks a lot guys. I appreciate your help. I took WillieH's advice and ordered a kydex appendix carry holster for the little lady from cooksholsters.com. My wife and I are taking a shooting course and this is what the instructor advised for my wife with her smaller frame size. And after trying both positions it does indeed seem to work the best for her low rise style jeans.

Cooks offered every imaginable color, style, position and depth available. Now we just have to wait 3 long weeks for it to arrive. But its a small price to pay for full custom holster.

Thanks again for your help!

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
My Cook's kydex holster came today; it's very well formed and retention is perfect. I've several of these IWB minimalist holsters and for this size gun they are excellent for my needs.

·
Registered
24 Posts
So we just laid down some cash today for a new Mod 2 for my wife. Just have to wait the 2 day waiting period. Damn right I'm gonna shoot it tho too.

It does print a bit on my wife with the width being what it is... So now we are on the hunt for a super thin kydex holster. But obviously there are no holsters on the market for it yet.

So that leads me to this one basic question. Anybody know if the Mod 2 fits holsters made for the original XD Subcompact?
Try Well Armed Woman. They have what I think are some of the best kydex for the XD. The holsters have adjustment for height and cant and tightness of grip and right or left hand. Also many colors. Advertised for women but may get one for myself.

·
Registered
49 Posts
what position are you guys wearing your guns in the stay holstered holsters? I want to appendix carry, does anyone carry appendix with a stay holstered? does it pull the grip close to body? I

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
what position are you guys wearing your guns in the stay holstered holsters? I want to appendix carry, does anyone carry appendix with a stay holstered? does it pull the grip close to body? I
I don't own one, but their single clip holsters have a canted clip from what I've seen. You want a straight drop holster for appendix. If you want to carry appendix get a holster specifically designed for it. Just my .02. I've made that mistake before.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Received my Mod 2 suede stay holstered holster today and I'm impressed. I think for the money they are hard to beat. I might have to ask about the adjustable cant on the XDS I ordered for AIWB.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts