Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a holster for an XD45 service 4" with Lasermax Uni-Max mounted on the rail. I have a couple of the cheap ebay holsters for it but I am looking for something a little "higher end" and better fitting, one that can actually be used to carry the gun. I see there are several holsters for an XD with a Tac Light like the Safariland 6280 but it states that the holster will only work with the tac light attached and since the laser is a good bit smaller than a tac light, it may not work. I have yet to find one that says it is designed for an XD with a rail mounted laser. I love this laser and setup and hope that I can find a good holster. I am beginning to fear that I may have to lean toward a Crimson Trace if I can't find the right holster. I have a CT on my Kel-Tec P3At and love it but I am not that keen on the way the CT goes on an XD. I am also not a big fan of the Lasermax Guide Rods though it would really solve the problem. Thanks in advance for any help. Big John.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have a new 6280 that I don't use. It's a really nice holster but not for conceal carry. Let me know if your interested.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I bought a crossbreed and remolded it to fit with the laser on there, all it takes is a hair dryer and a little time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What are you looking to get out of the 6280 ArizonXD. I am kind of leaning toward a more concealable holster but may end up with one like it. Lethal93ta, is that holster made of Kydex. I am not familier with one of those holsters, I know, I am probably out of the loop, HA! :roll: Can you take a little heat to any of the Kydex holsters and form it to accept a laser? The unimax is very compact so it wouldn't take much extra for a holster to accept it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Big John.

·
Registered
325 Posts
What are you looking to get out of the 6280 ArizonXD. I am kind of leaning toward a more concealable holster but may end up with one like it. Lethal93ta, is that holster made of Kydex. I am not familier with one of those holsters, I know, I am probably out of the loop, HA! :roll: Can you take a little heat to any of the Kydex holsters and form it to accept a laser? The unimax is very compact so it wouldn't take much extra for a holster to accept it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Big John.
yep its made of kydex. if its kydex heat will make it plyable it does take a little work but its doable. on my laser max I cut the sides off the switch on both sides so it wouldnt hit the side of the holster and turn on. the button is smaller but I dont have a problem hitting it even with my big fingers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks a bunch, especially for the pic. Looks like that is probably what I'll end up doing. I don't want a guide rod laser and I really don't want a Crimson Trace because I want to start shooting in some local IDPA style shoots that won't allow a laser and I don't want to be taking a CT on and off. This Lasermax goes right back to zero when taking it on and off so it is the trick. I would like to be able to carry my gun concealed if I decided to under a jacket or such and I am a big advocate of lasers. I have a CT on my daily concealed carry, a Kel-Tec P3At and I really love it. Makes that little pistol a lot more usable at ranges other than right up on you. The Uni-max switch is easy to hit with your trigger finger when drawing from a holster just by extending it as you should when drawing (only have a Bulldog holster right now POS!). If the holster gives me too much of a fit with the switch, I may go with a pressure switch. Again, Thanks a bunch. :mrgreen:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts