Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a fairly large feller at 6'1 and 300 lbs and I have a 48 inch waist.

I just picked up an XD40 SC in a trade and I am seriously thinking of making this my CCW weapon.

I need a holster... but please... no IWB holsters.

When youre as big around as I am IWB holsters are UNCOMFORTABLE at best.

Can anyone suggest the right holster for a guy my size?

I tried the kydex paddle holsters on at the store... comfortable for sure but they stick out and print pretty badly.

I have a holster by Ross Leather for my G19 (doesnt fit the xd... tried) that is VERY comfortable, but my local shop no longer carries Ross Leather. They have gone strictly Galco (and Galco is expensive stuff)

I need a nice, close, tight fit to the body. I dont care if it has a thumb break or not... either is fine.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Bear_B said:
Im a fairly large feller at 6'1 and 300 lbs and I have a 48 inch waist.

I just picked up an XD40 SC in a trade and I am seriously thinking of making this my CCW weapon.

I need a holster... but please... no IWB holsters.

When youre as big around as I am IWB holsters are UNCOMFORTABLE at best.

Can anyone suggest the right holster for a guy my size?

I tried the kydex paddle holsters on at the store... comfortable for sure but they stick out and print pretty badly.

I have a holster by Ross Leather for my G19 (doesnt fit the xd... tried) that is VERY comfortable, but my local shop no longer carries Ross Leather. They have gone strictly Galco (and Galco is expensive stuff)

I need a nice, close, tight fit to the body. I dont care if it has a thumb break or not... either is fine.
I'd like to know if you wear your belt at navel level or lower, under your belly.
I have found that to be a major factor in comfort and concealment for my customers. All the angles change when the belt is worn low and it's hard to conceal the butt of the gun and often very uncomfortable to wear IWB.

·
Registered
373 Posts
im a big boy to and i also own a ross holster for my pt140 and absolutly love it it makes the gun feel like it s not there but for your xd theres so many companies try blade-tech, fist , cen-dex, side armor, but the best place to try from what i hear is pistol-gear they carry alot in stock and also this site has some

1 - 3 of 3 Posts