Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i get out of the military in about a month, ill be going back to Missouri and putting in for my CCW and hopefully getting an XDm in either .40 or .45 ACP and wanting to carry IWB. I have no idea what to look for in a holster, or more importantly, what type of belt to wear. The only thing i do know is that as a lefty, holsters are a PITA to find. Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
670 Posts
When i get out of the military in about a month, ill be going back to Missouri and putting in for my CCW and hopefully getting an XDm in either .40 or .45 ACP and wanting to carry IWB. I have no idea what to look for in a holster, or more importantly, what type of belt to wear. The only thing i do know is that as a lefty, holsters are a PITA to find. Any help would be greatly appreciated
People on here will suggest the Crossbread Supertuck or the Galco King Tuk. I'm sure you'll be happy with either. As far as belts go just make sure you get a good stuff carry belt. The Blackhawk line of CQC belts I find to work well and I use an OWB holster and it holds up very well.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Look at the Cross Breed Super Tuck. Everyone here swears by it. It's a great holster and a great company! If you like the idea but not the specifics there are other options. Galco King Tuck, Tucker makes one, someone makes one called a phalanx? Same concept with each companies spin. I'd check out Crossbreed first though.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have the Cross Breed Super Tuck and the Amish belt from Hank's. I researched a lot and asked the same question and a lot of people swear by it. This is the one that sold me on it!

·
Premium Member
32,784 Posts
Crossbreed belt, and CBST are commonly my set up, though I've been using my Galco Wraith OWB more as of late, it

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Dittos to the Crossbreed SuperTuck with the Crossbreed belt, and have a few of each.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Crossbreed supertuck and crossbreed all the way!

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have the Cross Breed Super Tuck and the Amish belt from Hank's. I researched a lot and asked the same question and a lot of people swear by it. This is the one that sold me on it!

Crossbreed Holster SuperTuck Review - YouTube
I need a smoke after that review!! shew! :D

Got a Horsehide CBST and CB belt on order... we'll see how well it holds up my .45 and a couple of full 13 rd mags. oh.. and the LC9 BUG in my front pocket. I hope CB comes out with some suspenders soon. ;)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Sweet set-up, JayDay. I sure was considering that Minotaur, too. But one has to fall on a side of the fence, and I fell Crossbreed. I think the feedback and customer service from Mark Craighead @ CB helped sway my decision. Not to mention the LE discount ;)

·
Registered
486 Posts
I've carried a Springfield XD 4" in .40 S&W and a Glock 27 in .40 S&W in a Crossbreed both with a 5.11 tactical casual belt and a Beltman belt.

My opinion is that the crossbreed is a good holster that comes fast in the mail. Mine has wore out significantly after 2 years. I am now awaiting a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 in hopes that it will last longer. Do not buy the "uncle mikes" or any other "cheap" IWB holster from Gander Mountain. The Crossbreed came in like 2 weeks, and the Milt Sparks has a 6 month waiting list.

As far as belts go, I liked the 5.11 tactical quite a bit, especially for the price, but again it wore out significantly withinin a year and a half. So with the beltman belt, I'm very happy. It took about two to three weeks to break in to where it was very comfortable but I love it so far.

Maybe in the future it would be cool to get a combo from Milt Sparks or Mitch Rosen.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I carried an XD9 Service in a Crossbreed and other than the long ass grip it was comfortable as could be and concealed very well. Many times my wife would see me put it away at night and not have known I was carrying that day. Went and saw dad at work a few times and he couldnt tell either.

Im actually waiting for my first Versa Max II from Milt Sparks as well phmann, ROR!!

Im still on the fence with belts though. Got some recommendations from this thread though.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Thanks Houston. From what I've read, you can't go wrong with either setup. BTW, they have LE discounts at Comp-Tac too. ;)
D'oh!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts