Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, well as you know i'll have my new toy in a few days and i'm gonna need a way to carry it around at the outdoor range.

i searched these fine forums and i think i'm gonna get the Blackhawk CQC with serpa. my question is about the finish of my gun.

i would hate to have to report a horror story about my new baby like i've read on these forums, will this holster be good to my finish. i have the armadillo coming in, so should i go ahead and put that on b4 i holster the weapon. Or is it simply a lost cause and i should get a leather holster.

thanks a lot fellas

lynx

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
The finish is going to wear no matter what you use. Even on the "open" style compition holster I use it only contacts the slide on one small area. And in the one small spot the finish is worn more so than anywhere else.

Then on the leather holsters as well the finish wears as well especially if you draw it several hundred times.

So no matter what holster you will have wear.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
I bought a Bi-tone, hoping to slow the holster wear somewhat. Hope it works.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so finish will wear regardless...

is the blackhawk mentioned above a good one? ive read good stuff on here about them, and also should i get the serpa locking one or not. serpa seems like it would be safer..

lynx

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
I got the Blackhawk that doesn't lock, and really, really like it. I can see the locking holster being an advantage to a LEO, butit doesn't help me in IDPA. You can tighten the tension on the non-Serpa model quite a bit.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Is the Blackhawk QCQ holster adjustible for foward gant , or strait etc... :?:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Recently received a Shado Sable holster from Ray's Leathers. Inexpensive, $35 quality holster from South Africa. Great customer service also.

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
I have an old ShadO for a .45ACP.
Made in South Africa of leather.

They appear to be the same type
of holster as the Ross brand.

Nicely made and inexpensive.

Old thread resurrected.

Ed

·
Registered