Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I think I'm going to take the plunge and get a EBR but am looking at the flat top upper with no iron sights. I have found I can save about $200 if I do this and was thinking maybe I could get a decent Holo or Red Dot for that amount. Anyone know of any particular ones that would be worth getting at that price point?
Thanks in advance,
Tah

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Sightron Electronic dot site offers 4 reticles and one dot, it carries a lifetime replacement warranty. I picked mine up several years ago for 184.00 and its been a fabulous site for my needs.

·
Premium Member
13,498 Posts
So I think I'm going to take the plunge and get a EBR but am looking at the flat top upper with no iron sights. I have found I can save about $200 if I do this and was thinking maybe I could get a decent Holo or Red Dot for that amount. Anyone know of any particular ones that would be worth getting at that price point?
Thanks in advance,
Tah

Check here and say thank you to Mvician. ;)

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/ar-talk/86758-bushnell-holosights-arfcom-200-a.html

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all the links guys. im not ready to buy today or that bushnell would be a good candidate for sure. thanks again for the suggestions!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Thanks in advance,
Tah
If you've never owned an AR, I wouldn't skip on irons. Do both irons and an optic, but irons first IMO.

·
Premium Member
9,363 Posts
yes practice on irons before using a red dot. Its like learning to drive stick before driving automatic, you'll just be a much better driver than the people who started with automatic

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
I have the SPOT red dot and just took it out for the first time on Sunday. I love it. It is so fast on target aquisition, as any red dot. I would highly recommend one. I got mine from CS Gunworks for $160 and it arrived in 2 days. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah, I think I'm gonna go w/ a post front sight w/ folding battle rear sight and then get my optic later. This will be a patrol rifle so I'd like to have the iron sights for sure. Thanks for the suggestions as always guys.

·
Registered
760 Posts
yeah, I think I'm gonna go w/ a post front sight w/ folding battle rear sight and then get my optic later. This will be a patrol rifle so I'd like to have the iron sights for sure. Thanks for the suggestions as always guys.
Good call. Then you may be able to afford a nicer optic later if you spread it out a bit.

The SPOTs are fine for plinking but I wouldn't trust one with my life. You want to spend the extra cash and get an Eotech or Aimpoint.

JMHO

Ryan

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks guys

1 - 17 of 17 Posts