Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The roast thread last year was entertaining.

And the group here in the AR sub forum is full of decent guys, so I'm keeping this year's thread here, but going to try simultaneously make the thread more accessible to our other long-boi brethren, and make it more off-kilter.

Last year we scheduled to run up till Christmas day, and peaked early. Maybe this later timing will tide us through. And if my premise sucks, then we'll go back to last year's format.

Rules for conduct as follows:
  • Member's first post in the thread REQUIRES a photo, of one of YOUR rifles [RIFLE, but NOT AN AR, and leave the braces and PCC's neglected in the closet where they belong, unless it's a ban state AR configuration, those are going to fit in perfect with the theme of this thread], no Meme photos from the web, no parts list run-down required (let people make assumptions)
  • Follow-up posts must be a quote of a photo post, and must be a roast on why people just don't understand why the quoted photo is the peak configuration for an AR, or why it's some super-hipster rare variant AR that plebs just wouldn't understand. You get the idea. Call it an AR, make up a reason why it's perfect as an AR. Try to avoid quoting someone else's comment to pile onto, quote the original post you're wanting to comment on so we don't get huge runs of quotes. Unless it's funnier, in which case, carry on.
  • Serious questions, compliments or discussions - take it private, this thread is expected to go full misinformation, bs claims and ridiculous. Don't ruin it with facts or questions.
  • No ad hominem comments, attacks or jabs, keep it strictly about the gats.
  • Have fun with it, if we're posting in a potential ROAST thread, if you can't handle it, then stay out and let the thread die.
As last year, I'll start it off in the next comment. Prepare for peak perfection ya poors.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that ar15 is pretty cool but whys it missin its moe angled foregrip? also, think ya oughtta add a cool survival knife bayonet like this on on the front...
First issue Space Force Bayonet, original budget issue.
I'll give a 3-fer for my first...

German roller-locked AR’s. Because crapping where you eat is for losers.
View attachment 732075
German roller AR's? I think you misspelled "because German gassing is no longer PC"...

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
As
The roast thread last year was entertaining.

And the group here in the AR sub forum is full of decent guys, so I'm keeping this year's thread here, but going to try simultaneously make the thread more accessible to our other long-boi brethren, and make it more off-kilter.

Last year we scheduled to run up till Christmas day, and peaked early. Maybe this later timing will tide us through. And if my premise sucks, then we'll go back to last year's format.

Rules for conduct as follows:
  • Member's first post in the thread REQUIRES a photo, of one of YOUR rifles [RIFLE, but NOT AN AR, and leave the braces and PCC's neglected in the closet where they belong, unless it's a ban state AR configuration, those are going to fit in perfect with the theme of this thread], no Meme photos from the web, no parts list run-down required (let people make assumptions)
  • Follow-up posts must be a quote of a photo post, and must be a roast on why people just don't understand why the quoted photo is the peak configuration for an AR, or why it's some super-hipster rare variant AR that plebs just wouldn't understand. You get the idea. Call it an AR, make up a reason why it's perfect as an AR. Try to avoid quoting someone else's comment to pile onto, quote the original post you're wanting to comment on so we don't get huge runs of quotes. Unless it's funnier, in which case, carry on.
  • Serious questions, compliments or discussions - take it private, this thread is expected to go full misinformation, bs claims and ridiculous. Don't ruin it with facts or questions.
  • No ad hominem comments, attacks or jabs, keep it strictly about the gats.
  • Have fun with it, if we're posting in a potential ROAST thread, if you can't handle it, then stay out and let the thread die.
As last year, I'll start it off in the next comment. Prepare for peak perfection ya poors.
I've said many times that hyperverbosity doesn't usually translate to cogency!;)

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jeebus thread saving rule change Batman!!!

Any long gun, even novelty PCC's, post them up for mockery and holiday season fun. Even AR-15 based mockery's.

If you're so serious you can't survive crap-talking on your rifle, this forum deserves to die, and I live in VA where some very clueless politicians want to kick off the second civil war! Loosen up before the fat man makes his illegal entries!

My second sacrificial entry: DSC_8155 (2).JPG

·
Registered
29,541 Posts
Jeebus thread saving rule change Batman!!!

Any long gun, even novelty PCC's, post them up for mockery and holiday season fun. Even AR-15 based mockery's.

If you're so serious you can't survive crap-talking on your rifle, this forum deserves to die, and I live in VA where some very clueless politicians want to kick off the second civil war! Loosen up before the fat man makes his illegal entries!

My second sacrificial entry: View attachment 733885
it’s like putting a blower on a Model-T.

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Glock called. They want their perfection knife back.

-------

If you're so serious you can't survive crap-talking on your rifle, this forum deserves to die, and I live in VA where some very clueless politicians want to kick off the second civil war! Loosen up before the fat man makes his illegal entries.....
My problem, bruddah, is that I'm honestly a one trick pony. I've got a few ARs, but honestly not enough other rifles to offer up for sacrifice - and what's more, I'm awful about taking pictures.....:oops:

I'll put this one up, it's at least promising material. :D

Ruger1022.jpg

·
Registered
29,541 Posts
Glock called. They want their perfection knife back.

-------

My problem, bruddah, is that I'm honestly a one trick pony. I've got a few ARs, but honestly not enough other rifles to offer up for sacrifice - and what's more, I'm awful about taking pictures.....:oops:

View attachment 733911
Somebody watched too much “Planet of the Apes” as a kid...

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Somebody watched too much “Planet of the Apes” as a kid...
^ I know it's against the rules to engage in dialog, WantBigBoom, but considering thread traffic (surprisingly low, I agree :confused::(), I hope you'll let this slide.

Cuda66, bro, I *really* had to think about that one for a bit. You'll excuse the fact that my daughter and I have been a fan of the remakes that have come out in the last few years, so my brain was just doing the spinny "loading/thinking" thing, in reading your remark.

I then kicked myself for not having thought about the '68 w/Heston (which sent me into a moment of nostalgia, as I remember watching it on my dad's B/W Zenith that he had in his warehouse office to keep me entertained after school), and it all came together.

WELL PLAYED, Sir, WELL PLAYED. :p

OK, back to regularly scheduled programming.......

--------------

^ Rejected as walk-on extra for 6 Days.

upload_2019-12-22_10-41-54.jpeg

-------

Let's try this one - and again, my apologies, for my rather embarrassingly non-diverse collection of long-guns. :oops:

DDV5LW.jpg

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

View attachment 733911
Wood's really strong, which is why you can cut it away until it's not!

View attachment 733939

all i can find is this old ak picture i took awhile back way betterer than any ar tho.
With prescription lenses, you can operate without looking like a dork wearing glasses!

^ I know it's against the rules to engage in dialog, WantBigBoom, but considering thread traffic (surprisingly low, I agree :confused::(), I hope you'll let this slide.
I'm pretty shocked it's been so dead after how last year went. A bridge too far in changing it up, I guess.

Let's try this one - and again, my apologies, for my rather embarrassingly non-diverse collection of long-guns. :oops:

View attachment 733979
See, Stoner knew black goes with everything so well you don't need camo. It would shock you to know someone put a rifle in this floral print art photo.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts

Not very accurate. Not very reliable. Heavy. Uses some AR15 magazines, not all of them. While it's supposed to use AR15 internals in the lower, only some work.

It will fire (till it stovepipes and empty and locks up) with the stock folded (that's not why it stovepipes as it does that with the stock lock back, too.)

It is gas piston operated so it stays pretty clean in the upper receiver.

I ordered 2, one came in, saved me some money.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Not very accurate. Not very reliable. Heavy. Uses some AR15 magazines, not all of them. While it's supposed to use AR15 internals in the lower, only some work.

It will fire (till it stovepipes and empty and locks up) with the stock folded (that's not why it stovepipes as it does that with the stock lock back, too.)

It is gas piston operated so it stays pretty clean in the upper receiver.

I ordered 2, one came in, saved me some money.
So you roasted yourself, and brought a pre-broken rifle into this thread? Bold move.

Boring.

But Bold.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts