Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to add some of these to my xd and saw on Midway that there is an applicator kit.....

Is this required to put this on or can i just kind of wing it ?

Cadet Wilson

·
Premium Member
4,842 Posts
You need to cut out a little groove in the back for the grip safety. Other than that just use hairspray like the old bicycle grips. No kit needed.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man. I figured it would be that easy

Cadet Wilson

·
Registered
17 Posts
You need to cut out a little groove in the back for the grip safety. Other than that just use hairspray like the old bicycle grips. No kit needed.

I just installed this grip on my xdsc40(after ripping the Agrip off) and did not use hairspray, I did wipe it down with alcohol though. Should I take it off and reinstall? It seems like its on really tight as is.

·
Premium Member
8,923 Posts
I just installed this grip on my xdsc40(after ripping the Agrip off) and did not use hairspray, I did wipe it down with alcohol though. Should I take it off and reinstall? It seems like its on really tight as is.
Me either. I just slipped it on and then cut out for the safety. What does hairspray do?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Me either. I just slipped it on and then cut out for the safety. What does hairspray do?
That's an old trick we used for installing rubber grips on motorcycle handlebars, back in my misspent youth as a late 60's-early 70's Honda mechanic. The wet hairspray helped the grips slide on easier. Then when it dried, glued them in place .

However, I have no direct knowledge of whether or not hairspray would have a detrimental effect on the polymer frame of the XD, but it never harmed the chromed handlebars or plastic throttle grips on the motorcycles.

·
Registered
140 Posts
when i put mine on i rubbed a little bit of hand soap on the upper lip of the grip, slid it on with a little effort, cut a slit for the grip safety and i love it :p

cut the slit close to the part where the grip safety goes into the grip of the gun, because the houge grip is a soft rubber it will open up/expand a little bit and it will be perfect. if you cut it too much the slit will tear over time and it will not stay on tight and you will have to adust it often because it will move

1 - 10 of 10 Posts