Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, maybe apples and oranges, but any preference for wrap grips on the XD? I've always used Hogue rubber wrap grips over my pistols (G****'s)for better "stick" in all weather conditions. But I notice Hogue doesn't list the XD in their grip reference chart. While I'm sure the standard Hogue universal (large) would fit the service and/or tactical quite well I've also seen some XD pics with Pachmayr textured (rubber wrap) grips. Are the Pachmayr's equally as good as the Hogues? Thanks.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have used both and I have to say I prefer the Hogue by far. It conforms to the hand better in my opinion, but I have bigger hands. It also has a stickier grip which I like better also compared to the textured grip on the Pachmayr. I think it all comes down to how big your hands are.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I have a hogue on my svc. I seem to shoot better with it on than without as I have a large grip and it makes it bigger in my hand. A little trimming around the grip safety and it fits perfectly. Hope this helps in any way.

Tombo

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts

I like the pach but have never used the hogue

the extra grip size works for me

·
Registered
6 Posts
my .02 worth, i put some uncle mikes slipons on my 9mm xd, trimed around the grip safety and the smallest drop of loctite super glue (blue) at each edge of where i cut out the grip, works great for me, no "lifting" of the edge of the grips

·
Registered
77 Posts
ben said:
my .02 worth, i put some uncle mikes slipons on my 9mm xd, trimed around the grip safety and the smallest drop of loctite super glue (blue) at each edge of where i cut out the grip, works great for me, no "lifting" of the edge of the grips
I also did the same and the super glue is holding great after a year and thousands of rounds down range.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts