Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if any of you are using them, and if so, what's your opinion. I have a XD40 4" and it's a bit "snappy". I am having a little trouble re-aquiring my target after each shot.
Any opinions would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Had one installed on my XD45 Tactical that I just traded. May or may not put one on the XD40 that is replacing it. I'll see how the decal grips feel to me.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Probably have to edit the sleeve b/c of the grip safety.

The pachymar grips come in different sizes and I found them to work better.
I have a #5 on my xd40 sub. Haven't bothered on the compact 45 yet.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just put a Hogue on my XD40, don't really know if I'm overly thrilled with it yet.
It's a change from the grips but I liked the gun before. I'll give it a couple weeks and see. One thing for sure if you don't like it then it's simple to go back to the stock one's. Had to trim mine to allow for the grip safety.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I just put one(O.D. large size one) on my xd9 and havent had a chance to fire it yet though. It feels really nice in my hand though, makes the grip bigger and the finger ridges seem nice. If I dont like it when shooting no big deal to remove it and not that expensive to call it a wash(it would end up on the pay it forward thread).

I did have to trim a small piece for the grip safety. Also when I was putting it on I some how tore a small piece with my thumbnail.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I love my hogue slip on grip, you do need to trim a notch for the grip safety. The only thing I dislike about it is when I'm carrying IWB I need to adjust my undershirt from time to time because it will cause it to ride up, and it's extremely uncomfortable after it rubs on your skin for a couple of hours.

Other than that it feels great in my hand

1 - 7 of 7 Posts