Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my eye on a Hogue Beaver tail grip and saw one on Midway. The description states that it will not work with an Ambi safety and guess what I have...

Anyone know if this is accurate and why it would not work with an ambi safety?

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Yes, that is the one and your link is where I saw it.

Any reason why it would not fit with the ambi? Of course I am a lefty and we get screwed again!

I don't see any reason for it not to work... I think whoever wrote it thought it was for a 1911.

AR ambi selectors don't go near the grip at all

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
It's not the "beavertail" that's the concern, but the top of the grip that mates to the lower part of the receiver, under the safety selector. If your ambi-safety uses a long paddle on the right side of the receiver, it will interfere with these overmolded-style grips. Pic of my wife's lefty AR for illustrative purposes:

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
It's not the "beavertail" that's the concern, but the top of the grip that mates to the lower part of the receiver, under the safety selector. If your ambi-safety uses a long paddle on the right side of the receiver, it will interfere with these overmolded-style grips. Pic of my wife's lefty AR for illustrative purposes:

Ahhh... I see now!

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
I was about to ask where the hell the forward assist was and then realized that's the least of the problems...damn stag.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
I need to shoot a standard AR more. It's been a while but they're usually good about not throwing trash in my face.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts