Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Used, for $799 out the door. I have to ask if it comes with the box and all 3 mags. In almost absolutely flawless condition. I field stripped and inspected it, too.

I put hands on it, and I think I'm in love. Grip feels perfect, trigger is the SRT and is wholly acceptable to me.

I'm having a tough time with this one. I just got a promotion at work, so I'm feeling a little spendy. :lol: Not to mention I need a .45 in my life again.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, you know that 1911's and I are a horrible combination. Abusive relationship all the way around, full of neglect and love/hate. ;)

EDIT: Comes with the box and only one magazine. Hmm.

·
Registered
18,433 Posts
Used, for $799 out the door. I have to ask if it comes with the box and all 3 mags. In almost absolutely flawless condition. I field stripped and inspected it, too.

I put hands on it, and I think I'm in love. Grip feels perfect, trigger is the SRT and is wholly acceptable to me.

I'm having a tough time with this one. I just got a promotion at work, so I'm feeling a little spendy. :lol: Not to mention I need a .45 in my life again.

Thoughts?

Just get the 30s:p

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
I had that exact same gun except I paid well over a grand for it. They used to be not easy at all to find and I was happy to snap it up and pay the 1000+ it cost me. The combat adjustable sights require a really small hex wrench that you can get Sig to send you if it's not in the case if you buy it.

Mine was an awesome gun, very accurate, and I love the 220 grip. I sold it when I found the 220 Match Stainless Elite I had been drooling over and honestly I'm not sure I came out ahead. The MSE is nice but I don't get any better groups with it than the Elite Dark did and the Elite Dark wasn't as much of a heavy beast.

I haven't seen any used ones for sale anywhere so I have no idea if 799 is a good price or what the "market" price is. I will tell you I got 925 for mine when I sold it at a gun show.

For 799 OTD I don't think you can do better, but I'm an admitted P series fanatic. On the other hand, sheeeeeet Jethro if I can get a Glock shouldn't you HAVE to buy a Sig?

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Offer $700...with the box and one mag, that's in line.
Turns out it had both mags, factory case and wrench. I did some research on how much these are going for, and this guy's a decent dude to do business with, so I felt $799 OTD is a decent deal.
I had that exact same gun except I paid well over a grand for it. They used to be not easy at all to find and I was happy to snap it up and pay the 1000+ it cost me. The combat adjustable sights require a really small hex wrench that you can get Sig to send you if it's not in the case if you buy it.

Mine was an awesome gun, very accurate, and I love the 220 grip. I sold it when I found the 220 Match Stainless Elite I had been drooling over and honestly I'm not sure I came out ahead. The MSE is nice but I don't get any better groups with it than the Elite Dark did and the Elite Dark wasn't as much of a heavy beast.

I haven't seen any used ones for sale anywhere so I have no idea if 799 is a good price or what the "market" price is. I will tell you I got 925 for mine when I sold it at a gun show.

For 799 OTD I don't think you can do better, but I'm an admitted P series fanatic. On the other hand, sheeeeeet Jethro if I can get a Glock shouldn't you HAVE to buy a Sig?
Good points, especially about the equivalent exchange of Glock/Sig ownership.

And so...

It is done. Thinking about hitting up the range before the unwashed masses get off work. :) Gotta holla at my shooting partner to see if he's up for some paper asswhoopin'. :lol:

·
Banned
0 Posts
I want that. If you sell it you better knock on my door before you list it.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Congratulations on a fine Sig. Feels great. Just picked up my new 229 Elite Dark .40 with a .357 Sig barrel.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Turns out it had both mags, factory case and wrench. I did some research on how much these are going for, and this guy's a decent dude to do business with, so I felt $799 OTD is a decent deal.

Good points, especially about the equivalent exchange of Glock/Sig ownership.

And so...

It is done. Thinking about hitting up the range before the unwashed masses get off work. :) Gotta holla at my shooting partner to see if he's up for some paper asswhoopin'. :lol:
AWESOME!!!!!

I'm feeling a bit jealous though...I miss mine.

I hope you're as happy with it as I have been with P220's. They are really excellent guns and surprisingly accurate in SA mode. Congrats man.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I want that. If you sell it you better knock on my door before you list it.
:lol:

OK, and you know I have a bad habit of going through firearms like a woman goes through shoes. Watch, this will be the one that sticks around for a bit. :D

Thanks all, I'm planning on heading out to the range in a few. Will post up my thoughts on it in a little bit.

Man, I love promotions and half-days. :lol:

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Congrats on the promotion and the new-to-you Sig- P220's are nice!

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK, range trip went well. I've noticed a few things:

!. Sights need adjustment - POI is about an inch low at 7yds.
2. The rear of the trigger bites the pad of my trigger finger
3. My grip interferes with the slide lock - shooting left-handed confirms it's an ID10T error
3a. The slide lock pinches my thumb when activating it to release the slide from lock on a mag change
4. Shooting 9mm has made me girly, complete with soft, weak hands and an aversion to muzzle blast :lol:
5. The single action has a nasty bit of creep in it about halfway through the break that was messing with me

So, I've got a lot of shooting and training to do. The pistol had no malfunctions or stoppages that weren't shooter-induced, though I only went through a couple mags worth of ammo. Here's my first two mags, downloaded to 5rds each. I started with DA as I would have as if I had presented from a holster, and the last 4 rounds of each mag were SA:

Then, everything went to ****:

:lol:

Well, I'm guessing I'll have to "earn it" with this pistol instead of lucking into a pistol that kicks ass out of the box, like the XD45 Tactical. Overall, I'm very happy with the purchase and will be spending some time figuring out a handload that the 220 likes. A bit of time learning how to shoot it, overcome my bad habits, adjusting the rear sight and feeding it something that it prefers will be a lot of fun.

So, it begins. :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,307 Posts
The 220 is not shooting well, you better sell it to me......:rolleyes:
I sold my 220 a few years back, dumb ass thing to do.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Now that I have held it I really want to shoot it. If you are looking for the right powder for 45 you can't go wrong with WST. I find it to be a very soft shooting powder.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts