Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been doing some hard thinking all day...

Well, I'm starting to lean more and more to the 4" Service model. Surefire just emailed me back and said the X200 will NOT fit on the XD SubCompact. The rail is just too small. They have that "XML" light you can get for it, but it looks like its crap compared to the X200.
Couple that with my needs and wants for a handgun:
Range
Home/Self defense (CCW is basically impossible in NJ)
Possibly competitive shooting (USPSA)

The 4" Service model seems like the logical choice...Also to get it so my pinky fits on the grip, I have to get one of those magazine extenders (that don't add rounds). By then, its just as tall as the 4 and 5 inch.

·
Registered
325 Posts
The only reason I would take a sub over a service model is to conceal it better. If we could not CC her in AZ (shudder) I would not have bought a 3" sub. Maybe some people have other reasons why they like the Sub better but not me. Don't get me wrong, I love my subby but the service is my favorite.

·
Registered
347 Posts
KDOG said:
Been doing some hard thinking all day...

Well, I'm starting to lean more and more to the 4" Service model. Surefire just emailed me back and said the X200 will NOT fit on the XD SubCompact. The rail is just too small. They have that "XML" light you can get for it, but it looks like its crap compared to the X200.
Couple that with my needs and wants for a handgun:
Range
Home/Self defense (CCW is basically impossible in NJ)
Possibly competitive shooting (USPSA)

The 4" Service model seems like the logical choice...Also to get it so my pinky fits on the grip, I have to get one of those magazine extenders (that don't add rounds). By then, its just as tall as the 4 and 5 inch.

Why would you even consider the subcompact for that role?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats a good question. Maybe I just got too excited over the "neato" aspect of it. I have a while (3 months) before I can buy it (dang Jersey) so I have plenty of time to think....

Curious if anyone has shot the .357 version...

·
Registered
190 Posts
KDOG,
I have the SC.40 and love it. I also have a Gen1 HS 9mm that I LOVE as well. Now I am expecting my Gen 3 (XD service) 9mm back from Bowie Tactical Concepts. He is doing a grip cut-down for me. Upon it's return I will have the 4in barrel for putting a light on and the SC grip to conceal. It is the best of both worlds, esp since you can use the full size mags with sleeves to make it a standard size grip when you want to. It does nothing to degrade the function of the gun, and in my opinion looks sweet. Another option for you. Other members have done this. Check out the link:
http://www.hs2000talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=18869&highlight=bowie+tactical+concepts
Later,
Troy

·
Registered
19 Posts
1of2 said:
The only reason I would take a sub over a service model is to conceal it better. If we could not CC her in AZ (shudder) I would not have bought a 3" sub. Maybe some people have other reasons why they like the Sub better but not me. Don't get me wrong, I love my subby but the service is my favorite.
In-home self defense, the sub-compact is perfect. The 4" XD 40 service is my CC weapon of choice for anything over 5 yards.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts