Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting home from the range, I was cleaning my Xdm and I saw something I hadn't noticed before. Could be completely normal, but maybe someone else can confirm.

On the side, if you remove the recoil spring and barrel, there are the two holes at the muzzle end of the slide where those two parts fit through. There was a V shaped notch cut into bottom of the guide rod/recoil spring hole.

Anyone else have this?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the V-shaped groove but not the two holes.

lol, the two holes I meant were describing where the barrel and spring assembly go;) The notch is the part I wasn't sure about.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
If your referring to the V shaped cut between the recess of the recoil rod and spring, it's completely normal. Because the barrel tilts when the slide is back there is a second cut for the barrel to provide clearance for the tilt. This second cut breaks into the bore for the recoil rod and spring causing this notch.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If your referring to the V shaped cut between the recess of the recoil rod and spring, it's completely normal. Because the barrel tilts when the slide is back there is a second cut for the barrel to provide clearance for the tilt. This second cut breaks into the bore for the recoil rod and spring causing this notch.

Thanks! I did not know that, but I always figure if it is there on purpose, it must be there for a reason. This site is a great source of info!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts