Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Borrowed a friends HK23 after his FNP 45 tactical was somewhat of a dissapointment as the magazines had issues. So this gun isn't exactly small. I think my wife said, it's so big...yes, that's what she said :-( Here it is next to my full sized Sig P226 Navy. Not interested in buying one but can't wait to shoot it. For it's size, it is light.

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
If you have the full kit, it will be the quietest supressed weapon you have ever fired. The galldarn thing is just too accurate too.

·
Registered
29,593 Posts
yeah, I'm not sure why they're so freakin' massive either...

it's not much smaller than a Desert Eagle.
Because it was designed as an "offensive" handgun, not a "defensive".

And, it's got darn near a 6" barrel--5.87", to be exact.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I went through a phase a few weeks ago of wanting one. My trade didn't happen and I ended up getting something else. I read it's the only one (or a few) that's rated for over 30,000 +P rounds without even blinking. It will also shoot even if there's a bullet already lodged in the barrel. Nice.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm going to ask him to bring his suppressor as I would like to try it out. This was an expensive weapon, I think $1800 for the HK23 alone. It is a big hand gun no doubt....his FNP 45 isn't exactly small either :D

·
Registered
829 Posts
Yes they are a large pistol but they are damn accurate and also make some long range shots. If you get a suppressor on that thing get some video. Those come with pretty price tags like most Hk.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
I'd love one of those, but I'm thinking that the FNP-45 Tatical is going to be the eventual route. I have a .45 can in need of a host!

·
Premium Member
1,756 Posts
Borrowed a friends HK23 after his FNP 45 tactical was somewhat of a dissapointment as the magazines had issues. So this gun isn't exactly small. I think my wife said, it's so big...yes, that's what she said :-( Here it is next to my full sized Sig P226 Navy. Not interested in buying one but can't wait to shoot it. For it's size, it is light.
The 15rd mags should only be an issue with Over Length Rounds from poor QC control, aka Winchester WWB. I've found sample lots of .45ACP WWB to be .015" over MAX OAL. Needless to say I haven't had one mag related failure using 400 rounds of WWB in my FNP-45T. If you do, FNH has redesigned the mags to accomodate the over length rounds, and you can call CS and get them exchanged.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The 15rd mags should only be an issue with Over Length Rounds from poor QC control, aka Winchester WWB. I've found sample lots of .45ACP WWB to be .015" over MAX OAL. Needless to say I haven't had one mag related failure using 400 rounds of WWB in my FNP-45T. If you do, FNH has redesigned the mags to accomodate the over length rounds, and you can call CS and get them exchanged.
I just discovered that and when I shot it, I was using WWB ammo. So that was most likely the issue. I let him know so now just time to check it again.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Because it was designed as an "offensive" handgun, not a "defensive".

And, it's got darn near a 6" barrel--5.87", to be exact.
to be offensively capable of beating someone to death with it should you miss all your shots?

Even the grip frame is massive considering it's only 12 rounds of .45acp in there.

·
Registered
216 Posts
That thing shoots awesome though. That was the 2nd pistol I had ever shot and I had a lot of fun shooting that bad boy.

·
Registered
29,593 Posts
to be offensively capable of beating someone to death with it should you miss all your shots?

Even the grip frame is massive considering it's only 12 rounds of .45acp in there.
Not really. It's the same size as a USP45, which is smaller than a few other doublestack .45's (eg, G21).

And offensive as in: using the pistol instead of a longarm as a primary weapon.

I've shot 'em...the Mk23 is, by far, the most accurate polymer pistol I've ever laid hands on.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
i always wanted the mark 23 but the price tag of 1600 back in 2004 kept me from it. love that handgun

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i always wanted the mark 23 but the price tag of 1600 back in 2004 kept me from it. love that handgun
Yeah, I think he paid $1800 for it!

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
SebZE835 Look at the size of the trigger guard on that thing. It's huge! :grin:
thats what she said

·
Registered
29,593 Posts
Look at the size of the trigger guard on that thing. It's huge! :D
Yep. It's awful nice to have that room when you're wearing gloves that will actually keep your hands warm...

What I think a lot of folks here don't realize is that the Mk23 was designed to be a true combat handgun, not a concealed carry pistol.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yep. It's awful nice to have that room when you're wearing gloves that will actually keep your hands warm...

What I think a lot of folks here don't realize is that the Mk23 was designed to be a true combat handgun, not a concealed carry pistol.
Yeah I figured...you could probably shoot the thing with mittens on! :D

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
big and beautiful

I've shot one of these and it was really nice. My hands are large so the large frame is welcome. My beef is with why the gun exists, and maybe someone can explain it to me, but what is the point of an offensive pistol if you could carry a SMG of similar size or very slightly larger that is way more capable? I realize it was made a long time ago, but in modern ages, I'd rather have a 8" 6.8 SBR and call it good.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts