Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have much to say that hasn't already been said about this one. It was 100% reliable through its first 100 rounds, has the best striker trigger I've ever handled and it was as accurate as I could ask for.

First rounds at 7 and 10yds:
$vp9_1.jpg

And some at 15yds:
$vp91.jpg

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Thanks for the report, it's more confirmation of a great job HK did with this pistol. My VP9 has performed equally reliable and puts a hole where it's pointed.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was expecting more words. Nice shooting.
Not much to say really, its as good as it gets for a polymer striker fired mid-sized gun. I like it better than my PPQ's but I still prefer the HK45 and CZ 75. I'll likely carry it this winter.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Nice, finally got to hold one. I will be buying one soon.

Good shooting and congrats!

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
If you can grab a pistol out of the box and have it group like that and give no troubles....does the recoil and feel of the trigger even factor in?

I don't think so. Groups like that and no malfunctions means whatever the trigger, recoil or (sigh) the grip angle might be...it means diddly....you have a pistol that does exactly what it should do.

Congrats...I am going to buy one of those real soon myself...they are too good to pass up.

-brickboy40

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
If you can grab a pistol out of the box and have it group like that and give no troubles....does the recoil and feel of the trigger even factor in?

I don't think so.
If you're just standing there, punching paper in no particular hurry, then no.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts

I don't think so. Groups like that and no malfunctions means whatever the trigger, recoil or (sigh) the grip angle might be...it means diddly....you have a pistol that does exactly what it should do.

Congrats...I am going to buy one of those real soon myself...they are too good to pass up.

-brickboy40
Of course it does. If somebody can shoot good groups with a crappy trigger, that doesn't mean they want to. If I'm going to spend money, I'd rather do it on something I enjoy shooting.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts

-brickboy40
I think it does factor in. I had a PPQ and just didn't enjoy shooting it as much as some others that i owned. Sure , the PPQ trigger along with the ergs made it an accurate gun to shoot but i had other guns that did the same things (Glock, XD) that were more fun. And , I'm sure the grouping has more to do with the shooter than the gun.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What's the weight of the trigger pull?
I don't have a guage at the moment but I'd say ~5lbs. One of my PPQ's is 4.5 and the other is 5.5 and this feels very close to the PPQ's.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Nooooo! Must...hide...wallet!!

Seriously, $550 seems like a great deal. Maybe I'll get lucky and my range will get a rental so I can at least shoot one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts