Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just purchased a xd subcompact and I was also thinking about the p2000sk. The xd 0.40 subcompact can be concealed really well but I would like opinions of the p2000sk in terms on reliability, accuracy, and the ease of concealing it. Is the p2000sk's price justified compared to the subcompact?

Are these two firearms comparable?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Size-wise the pistols are probably pretty comparable. Other things will vary a good bit though. The P2000SK is a DAO pistol so there is going to be a loooooooong trigger pull (don't know how much of that is changed with an LEM trigger). It's an H&K so reliability and accuracy shouldn't be an issue (at least as far as I know) and concealibility...that's more up to you. It's certainly small enough to conceal with ease.

I think (for me) that the P2000SK is just too small for the hand. I'd rather go with the normal size (which is still pretty durn small). I'd take a USP Compact over either probably. Still small with DA/SA and the safety/decocker (which isn't a biggie but I personally like it).

H&K arms are expensive (not sure if the price is justified) so be ready to shell out quite a few $$ to pay for your new toy.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
uspcompact45 said:
Hi,

I just purchased a xd subcompact and I was also thinking about the p2000sk. The xd 0.40 subcompact can be concealed really well but I would like opinions of the p2000sk in terms on reliability, accuracy, and the ease of concealing it. Is the p2000sk's price justified compared to the subcompact?

Are these two firearms comparable?
Seeing as you probably already have the USPC, I'm sure you are aware of teh DA/SA trigger feel. The P2k series now has a V3 trigger group which is a DA/SA set instead of the LEM trigger. My P2k has a V1 LEM which is the 4# pull. I have held the SK and the XDSC and the SK fits my hand better. Both guns are roughly the same size, but the p2k addresses more of the printing and snagging issues with the radius and beveling work that has already been done at the factory. The XD is a good choice for many people but as always before you decide to carry it, shoot it and make sure it's a good choice for you.

Data points, I have not shot the sk or the XDSC. My experience is only in 9mm but I have roughly 5k rounds through my p2k and about 6k rounds through my xd collection. I have never had the HK choke even once on ammo ranging from Wolf and Olympic to Federal and CorBon. My XD every once in a great while will come up w/ a fluke feed problem or because the grip safety is so narrow that I don't always fully disengage it causing the gun to not go click or bang. My groups w/ both types of pistols are plenty acceptable for combat. The HK has a softer perceived recoil, but both are easily managed even one hand.

Bottom line, if you have the cash, I'd get the SK, but the SC isn't a bad choice.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"Using such an enhanced trigger system consolidates ease of use and safety into a convenient, innovative trigger operation—one that prevents unintended firing. And in case of an ammunition-related failure to fire, all that is needed is an additional second or third pull of the trigger without the need of first pulling the slide back to re-cock the Subcompact.
"

Thanks for all the responses.

I got the statement from the hk website regarding the p2000sk. Does this mean that there is really no need pulling the slide back as long as you pull the trigger a couple more times to fire the gun?

I never heard of this before.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
W/ the LEM, it is a DAO trigger. What happens is when the slide is cycled, it "pre-cocks" the firing pin taking some of the weight off the trigger. My P2k w/ V1 trigger is about 4-4.5# when pre-cocked, but if the primer doesn't break for whatever reason, you can pull the trigger again to try sending the round downrange. The drawback is, the trigger pull goes to a bit over double on mine (~10#) so the second pull is likely going to be off target. If it doesn't break the first time, I'm clearing it and moving to the next one.

I like the LEM for carry use, but IMO it was enough of a disadvantage in competition that I bought the XD for competition.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts