Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a difference in the barrel according to wiki but I don't quite unterstand.
"According to the Operators Manual,[3] there are few differences between the civilian Mark 23 and the government MK23. These differences are the slide engraving ("Mark 23" instead of "MK23 USSOCOM") and a barrel conforming to SAAMI headspace specifications"

·
Registered
29,731 Posts
Any one knows the difference?
There is a difference in the barrel according to wiki but I don't quite unterstand.
"According to the Operators Manual,[3] there are few differences between the civilian Mark 23 and the government MK23. These differences are the slide engraving ("Mark 23" instead of "MK23 USSOCOM") and a barrel conforming to SAAMI headspace specifications"
Didn't you just answer your own question?;)

All are capable of handling .45 Super rounds, so the headspacing shouldn't be all that big of a deal. IIRC, there's no big difference between SAAMI and NATO spec .45.

So it just comes down to what's engraved on the slide.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
HK used to (haven't seen their site in a while) proudly proclaim that their guns were the same spec whether sold to civilians or military.

I would guess it's all in the markings. Used to have a Mk 23. Got rid of it. Great gun, but would rather have a Sig 220 any day.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HK used to (haven't seen their site in a while) proudly proclaim that their guns were the same spec whether sold to civilians or military.

I would guess it's all in the markings. Used to have a Mk 23. Got rid of it. Great gun, but would rather have a Sig 220 any day.
Apples and oranges.
I think HK is the best of non 1911 semi autos.

·
Registered
921 Posts
My usp 9 is the most reliable gun i have ever owned. I am sorely tempted by the Mk23, i just am not quite sure what i would do with it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You've never shot one, but you're claiming it is the best of the non-1911 handguns? I don't understand what grounds you make that claim on if you've never shot the thing.
You got me. But according to the applications they are used for and what test they went threw...
But you right. I need to shoot one before making such statements

·
Registered
1,385 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am a USP owner and love it... I think it definitely compares to most high end semi-autos.. I don't want to be unfair considering what Forum I am on but I tend to pick up the XD 45 or my Kimber before the USP pretty much every time though... By the time you compare the cost of the USP to the fit and function it rates well but in my opinion it's not the best bang for the buck.... Just my 3 cents

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have 3 USPs a full size 45, and 40 and a compact USP in 357 sig. They all shoot very good. the triggers are really good from the factory. I never had an issue with them.. I shot a usp tactical and the MK23 at a gun shop in Phoenix some years ago. the MK23 is a huge gun and it shoots great I remember being really impressed with it, just could not afford it at the time..
Now is it better than any other non 1911 stlye pistol... well i like it better than some of the other brands i shot, some smith and wessons, tarus 24/7, My XDm, glock 23 (i think), I have never shot a sig.. I shot my USP 45 next to my XD 45 tactical and got rid of the XD45 tactical.
SO that being said, i am used to the HK usp and for me I shoot them better.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts