Springfield XD Forum banner

HK G3 build wish me luck

4K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  HTOWN stunna 
#1 ·
Ordered a parts kit from POF over 2 years ago and finally got around to ordering parts and gonna order the receiver ,hopefully, on monday. ill post build pics.

#4 ·
can you do it with a wire feed welder? if so they are VERY easy to use

#5 ·
i was reading on weaponeer forums and a few guys use mig welders to build their rifles but they say that tig is the best to get "factory" looking welds. From what these guys say you can go either way. i used a mig welder in high school and boy did i suck lol

#7 ·
Just a sugestion but you may want to clean the rust off that $2000 rifle, Unless of course you are looking for that used in a South American Jungle look.:cry:

#8 ·
did i see your pics on the weaponeer forum, or on militaryfirearms forum. i definitely remember seeing those pics last night and boy am i jelous. how much did that thing set you back. the bolt on my G3 kit is dated POF 10/81.

#9 ·
Just a sugestion but you may want to clean the rust off that $2000 rifle, Unless of course you are looking for that used in a South American Jungle look.:cry:

Actually, there isn't a hint of rust on that rifle. There was this weird, brown crusty dust all over it. I took those pictures the day she came home, then I sat down with a spray can of REM OIL, some armorer's brushes, and showed that rifle some love. She cleaned up very nice.

#10 ·
did i see your pics on the weaponeer forum, or on militaryfirearms forum. i definitely remember seeing those pics last night and boy am i jelous. how much did that thing set you back. the bolt on my G3 kit is dated POF 10/81.
Yeah, I just recently joined militaryfirearms.com. I used to be a member of the forum back in the day when it was Cetme.com. great group of people over there.

#11 ·
Actually, there isn't a hint of rust on that rifle. There was this weird, brown crusty dust all over it. I took those pictures the day she came home, then I sat down with a spray can of REM OIL, some armorer's brushes, and showed that rifle some love. She cleaned up very nice.
Well get us some new pics up you dick!!! Man I would love to get my hands on one of those!!! What a punk!! You lucky man.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.