Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I decided to treat myself and went to the range tonight after work since I am putting in over 60 hours at work. I ran about 150 rounds of WWB with one FTF out of the bunch. It didn't look like the primer was struck. Anyways, while I was there another guy (Must of been a range regular because he was in and out of the range while I was shooting), gave me some tips on my grip and different self defense stances. After trying his advice I noticed my groups got tighter. Plust the stance felt more natural.

He also let my fire a few rounds from his Les Baer 1911. I must say, that is a very nice firearm. I was thinking about getting another XD, but a 1911 has rose to the top of the list.

I just thought I would post more positive responses on the XD, I know I love mine!

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Wellll, there are 1911's, and then there are Les Baer 1911's. You can have one for the price of two or three XD's, but they are certainly nice shootin' irons.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Son of Norway said:
Wellll, there are 1911's, and then there are Les Baer 1911's. You can have one for the price of two or three XD's, but they are certainly nice shootin' irons.
Oh yeah, I know what you're saying. The guy said the Les Baer ran him $1600. I have been doing some reading online, and thought about buying a SA 1911 without the goodies, and somewhat "customizing" it to my liking.

·
Registered
5 Posts
love my XD9 but with a .45 it makes a bigger hole.

MY Springfield Loaded Operator

Not a Baer but It shoot one rugged hole

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hey XD9,

Have you ever noticed with the loaded Op any problems getting it to fit into standard hoslters, with the Tac rail and all???

Your 1911 looks awesome, all of mine are without the Tac Rail's, I am curious as I may partake in one soon...

Thanks

Tom

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That 1911 looks purty. I was thinking maybe a Mil-Spec in OD to match my XD. I would of course do some stuff to the 1911 when I get one, I just don't know what.

·
Registered
5 Posts
USN RM3 said:
Hey XD9,

Have you ever noticed with the loaded Op any problems getting it to fit into standard hoslters, with the Tac rail and all???

Your 1911 looks awesome, all of mine are without the Tac Rail's, I am curious as I may partake in one soon...

Thanks

Tom
Actually just got this one a week ago so I dont have holster for it.

It was a compulsive BUY, when I saw it in the counter I immediately bought it. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts