Springfield XD Forum banner

Hipoint Carbine High Tower Armory Bullpup Conversion 2017

9K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  sdprof 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone else has seen this. Set to release in 2017 sometime.

Haven't heard too much bad regarding the Hipoint Carbine. I think this will be a great upgrade. Makes me want to pick up the hipoint. Could have a 9mm bullpup for around $500.

#2 ·
3D prototype looks rough but the shape looks better than the funky OEM stock. Price point $199-299 is too much on the high end for this budget carbine. Hope it comes in at $199 if they really want to sell them. I wonder what the trigger linkage feels like-some are awful. I also wonder if the polymer will be reinforced to prevent stock torque/flex.
Once all of these unknowns are revealed in the final product, potential customers will be able to make an informed decision.

#8 ·
I have been really interested in one of those for a while. I got the in stock email a week or two ago. But I still don't have the hipoint carbine yet.

How quick are mag changes?

My SGW SKS bullpup conversion is terribly slow and awkward.

The hightower looks like it would be better.

Still needing to find some magazines that hold more than a few rounds at a time.

#9 ·
I have been really interested in one of those for a while. I got the in stock email a week or two ago. But I still don't have the hipoint carbine yet.

How quick are mag changes?

My SGW SKS bullpup conversion is terribly slow and awkward.

The hightower looks like it would be better.

Still needing to find some magazines that hold more than a few rounds at a time.
Mags pretty much just drop free when you press the release, which is at the front of the trigger guard. I'm still getting to to inserting a mag under my armpit. Haven't had much range time with it yet.

Mag capacity is an issue to some. The Red Ball 20 rounders give you more ammo, at the cost of a long mag. Hopefully HTA sells enough stocks to make doublestack mag development a reality.

Reactions: John A.
#11 ·
No tools needed to remove the action from the stock. Just push a latch, pull front rail down, slide the front portion off. Couple of pins come out, and you're done.

#12 ·
After owning it for a while, are there any negatives?

Would you do it again?

#13 ·
Only negative is the small stock magazine capacity. I haven't bought any of the 20 round Red Ball mags yet.

Then again, small mags slows down the ammo consumption, saving a couple bucks! It just too much fun to shoot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.