Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I work for an electric utility and our load has actually decreased slightly during this. With people working from home there are numerous office buildings and factories that are sitting dark and unoccupied.

·
Registered
19,988 Posts
Not that many cities in the US have real old residential areas to the extent of NYC. In the US, this shouldn't be a huge deal. It might be a huge deal in Europe.

I guess we can expect more electrical fires if working from home becomes a big thing in the wake of this mess.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A few days ago, I had a problem with a blackout in my neighborhood, so I called the local electrician company. The Level 2 Electrician Merrylands told me that it is a usual problem this summer since America’s overall power usage has plummeted since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, thanks to the shuttering of large commercial and industrial buildings. So even if governments continue to lift shelter-in-place orders, many private businesses and institutions will remain dark in the weeks to come, as well as some personal houses.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I always love it when some writer depicts air conditioning as Evil, all the while probably sitting in a comfortable air conditioned office. With so many people (at least around here) switching to LED’s and efficient ac the power drain should be going down. California always tells us how smart, efficient, green and perfect they are, but are the first ones to run into problems and cry the loudest.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
What kind of an excuse(s) are they giving out?

Since less people are using less power many people won't be able to get power?

Since many businesses and buildings are shut down and not using power many homes will not be able to get power either?

What was the movie? Idiocracy??

So far, haven't heard any talk of power outages around here, but, summer isn't really here yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts