Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a nice sling for my duty long gun. I've pretty much decided to go for something high quality; something that will last as long as the rifle does.

I found SavvySniper.com and really like the ideal behind their QUAD slings. You can convert from single to two point or back. I'm not concerned about doing it while using the rifle, but it would be a nice option to have two slings in one for training and fun. Also, I have zero experience with single-point slings, so this allows me to try it out without having to buy two different slings.

Searched for Savvy Sniper here and only found LuckyStrike has some and seems to like them.

Looking at this one right now; Savvy Sniper QUAD X Cobra
Savvy Sniper

I really like the way length adjustment is made with the closed loop only requiring you to grab with your thumb and the all "aircraft grade" aluminum buckles and triglides is a major plus. I've price checked the sling with the owner; outfitted with HK snaphook at the front and both HK snaphook and QD at the rear with an elastic sleeve to cover the one not in use (I have the option to use either on my rifle stock/tube, so I figured it's worth the option to try and see which I like best) at $102.

I know it's pricey, but my beautiful and understanding woman has told me it can be my birthday present from her (plus I can still write it off as a work expense...:twisted:)

So help me spend my money. Any other quality manufacturers I should be looking at before giving out my debit card info?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I use/recommend the Vickers sling from Blue Force Gear.

Mines a 2pt - not sure if they offer a hybrid 1pt/2pt though.

·
Registered
124 Posts
It looks like that has a bungee type strap... I am not a fan of that for a single point... but that's me personally. You might love it ;)

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
It looks like that has a bungee type strap... I am not a fan of that for a single point... but that's me personally. You might love it ;)
From watching some videos on their site it looks like the bungee is pretty strong so there isn't much bounce. It's strong enough to stretch only when you want it to...supposedly.

I have no idea what I want in a one point. Like I said, I've never had one. Just twos. Threes look like a pain in the butt. Lol

As to the Vickers by Blue Force, I love everything I own by Blue Force. I have a few MOLLE pistol mag pouches for my plate carrier that are absolutely awesome (albeit expensive).

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got a CrossTac bungee sling like that for $35 on Midway.
Just looked into that. Looks very nice for the price. Very similar, but my plan right now is to buy a sling to try to avoid Murphy's law. I know it's not likely that they break, but Murphy is an evil little guy.

I can take my weaponlight breaking down on me; I carry multiple lights at work
I can take my optic going down on me; I have backup sights
If the whole rifle fails, I've got my handgun and backup gun at least
If my sling fails me, I've got a pretty major problem.

Call me paranoid, but I'd rather have the best I can buy for this purchase...

·
Registered
31,568 Posts
Just looked into that. Looks very nice for the price. Very similar, but my plan right now is to buy a sling to try to avoid Murphy's law. I know it's not likely that they break, but Murphy is an evil little guy.

I can take my weaponlight breaking down on me; I carry multiple lights at work
I can take my optic going down on me; I have backup sights
If the whole rifle fails, I've got my handgun and backup gun at least
If my sling fails me, I've got a pretty major problem.

Call me paranoid, but I'd rather have the best I can buy for this purchase...
I say go for it then.

If someone else is buying and you can write it off, sounds like a win win.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Vickers padded two point slings.

One point slings are for Internet Ninjas.

·
Premium Member
4,647 Posts
Look at Magpuls slings, They are suppose to be very good

SLINGS & SLING MOUNTS
+1

I have the MS3

Great sling, no complaints, no regrets

As I recall, price was very reasonable (but when purchasing personal protection and home defense gear, price is nearly irrelevant to me)

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Another vote for the Vickers padded or the Viking Tactics padded slings.

1 point slings are really better utilized on SBR's and even then you're very likely to get racked in the nuts with them after transitioned to pistol, but likelihood of nut racking multiplies with length of barrel. I don't know what length of rifle you're running so maybe this works for you.

3 points were obsolete circa 99/00. It just took the supply chain of Big Army 10 years to get them all issued.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I've had a few slings over the years. Best one I've found and what I currently use is the 5.11 V-Tac. Padded, very verstile, tough as hell, and SUPER easy to adjust.

Honestly, I wouldn't bother with a single point sling. Try doing transitions or moving quickly with a single point. They're a pain in the ass, and your muzzle will end up in the ground more times than not. That's with serious use. AR pistols or SBR's work out pretty well with a single point.

Out of all the slings we use in classes, most of the students like the 5.11 the best.

·
Registered
216 Posts

1 - 18 of 18 Posts