Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one have one of these? i bought the Tail Gunner w/ Straps sunday i like the fact that its made of leather, has the stablizer wing and the thing that protects your gun slide from you bare skin and it has a reinforced opening for one handed reholstering and all this for $84 includes shipping. only bad thing is its going to take about 12 weeks to get back but its molded to the XD and hand made.

here is a link to it
http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/_Tail_Gunner_W_Straps/_tail_gunner_w_straps.html

they also make one with the clip.

·
Registered
9,949 Posts
I have a topless from HN and have had it for the last 4 yrs. The are well worth the money and your time. Even after 4 yrs it still holds my HS2000 or XD as tight to the body as the day I got it. I would also opt for the lining since it will be better for your finish.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I use their Mr. Softy holster for my XD pretty often, I have a c-tac now that I will start using more though mostly b/c it is so hard to reholster with the Mr. Softy holster. The Tail Gunner that you ordered shouldn't have this problem and looks like a good holster. Mr. Softy is one that they keep in stock so it didn't take very long for me to get mine. I'm sure you'll be happy with it. Good luck and let me know how it works for you.

jonas

·
Registered
173 Posts
Look like nice holsters, BTW, what is the performance difference between cowhide and horsehide?

·
Registered
889 Posts
AZRaptor said:
Look like nice holsters, BTW, what is the performance difference between cowhide and horsehide?
Horsehide costs more because we don't eat enough horeses. I guess it must be my fault I don't think I ever ate a horse (that I know of).
It's better leather too.
At least that's what they said on their website.

Maybe if a bunch of us order them at the same time they will make them faster?

·
Registered
39 Posts
HNH makes fine holsters. I regularly carry a SIG P220 in a SkyHigh. Surprised that the turn around is getting longer, but then again, word of mouth spreads fast....I have 4 of their holsters, and each one I ordered took ~10 days to receive it. Definitely get the lined version.

·
Registered
173 Posts
40SWXDSHOOTER said:
AZRaptor said:
Horsehide costs more because we don't eat enough horeses. I guess it must be my fault I don't think I ever ate a horse (that I know of).
It's only your fault because you haven't been feeding your dogs enough commercial dog food.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im suprised more people dont have these or advertise them around here on the message boards. they are hand made to your gun and you cant beat the price for a quality leather holister!!

also how do i go about getting the liner? i couldnt find it anywhere on there site should i just call them and ask them about it?

·
Registered
39 Posts
The liner is incorporated into the holster and cannot be added/removed. It's a smooth linen-type of lining that may/may not add anything performance-wise, but gives the holster a more crafted feel. Possibly adds to a smoother drawstroke/reholstering. May also keep the finish from wearing too much. Keeps the leather from sucking up solvents/oils from the pistol.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i called them and they said that the tail gunner is not available with the liner since the smooth side is in. im not to worried about it im going to get the duracoat on my XD soon :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts