Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you fellas know about these babies? http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/_Slide_Guard/_slide_guard.html I am trying to find a decent leather high ride holster, for a big dude, but they are so subjective. I am not the biggest fan of the IWB holsters, any thoughts on a solid leather OWB wtih something like an FBI cant or other style that can still be concealed? Thanks in advance for your help. (BTW, I carry a 4" service .40)

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
I have had a topless (same holster without the sweat guard) for 3yrs now, I wear it every day and it is still as good as the day I bought it. I would recomend the lining its eaiser on the finish. I am a big guy and with a strong belt its comfortable enough to forget your wearing it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a slide guard for my 4" .357 sig XD. It fits well and rides high enough to conceal even though I am only 5'7". I have the holster in tan cowhide and it is lined. Not only is it very comfortable to wear, the color and the double stitching make it one of the nicest looking holsters I own. I also have one for my colt .45. I think you would be happy with one.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have a cowhide Slide Guard for my XD Tactical and a horsehide Slide Guard for my Gov't size 1911. They are very good holsters and they have a no questions asked return policy. Great Company.

One thing if you buy horsehide in any color but natural you may have to polish it with paste shoe polish. Horsehide doesn't take to dye too well. When mine came (black) it kept devolping a white powdery film on it so I polished it with black paste shoe polish and now it looks gorgeous.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts