Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so i ordered the Closing Argument model IWB holster for my Taurus 24/7 9mm because it had every feature that HNH makes: IWB, Tuckable, Reinforced Opening, Tension Screw, Slide Guard, and Sight Track. I figured might as well get the best so i never have to upgrade right?

Well 2 and a half months after ordering (and 96 dollars later) it arrived. The fit and finish of the holster is very nice and it looks quite sturdy. Breaking it in was a piece of cake aswell.

It is pretty small but i am a skinny guy and the 24/7 isnt a small gun either. It concealable, but the Tuckable aspect is useless. If i tuck a shirt in it just looks like I have this huge tumor coming out of my back. I guess if you were fat, your fat would roll over and itd work, but not for me.

The Sight Track is awesome, i thought it wouldnt be big enough considering the 24/7 has huge sights, but there is plenty of clearance.

The tension screw works well and does what its supposed to.

The clip is secure and sturdy.

The stitching looks perfect and well done.

The Reinforced Opening leaves something to be desired however. They say it will allow for one handed reholstering well that just isnt the case. When straped to your side tight with a belt, it crushes like any cheaper holster, just not as much, but still enough to where you can't reholster without some assistance with the other hand.

Overall i think its a good holster. Do i think its worth the money-NO, In retrospect i should have gotten the TailGunner model because i cant utilize the Tuckable feature -being so skinny and all. So if anyone wants a brand new closing argument holster for their 24/7 give me a pm-its a great holster, just not 100% perfect for me. I will say that when carrying it i forget that its there, and that is the best testament to an IWB holster of all.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I was seriously considering that holster for my XD40. I am a decent size guy. Did you get much shifting of the holster on the belt?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Watching people try ANY style tucking holster they think they can still wear skin tight shirts and not have a bulge. The whole point is you wear a larger shirt with a little "billowing" around the waist to help hide the grip.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
packing_in_la said:
I was seriously considering that holster for my XD40. I am a decent size guy. Did you get much shifting of the holster on the belt?
with a good belt it wont shift at all. but i really hate how you cant reholster with one hand like it claims.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I am very happy with my High noon Sky high,
Have you considered writing the company for the possibility of an exchange?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I like High Noon products and tuckable holsters! One handed rehostering doens't concern me too much. When that thing gets skinned it's not going back in the holster in a hurry.

For my G36 I used the cheap High Noon "glove leather" Hidden Ally. It's their very soft material version of the Hidden Impact. The thin material made it very easy to carry and less bulky. The belt clip is GOOD!!

For my new XDSC I already ordered their new Split Decision, same flimsy material, tuckable and 15 degree cant.

Will report back after a week or so of use.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts