Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
watching heros and cleaning the 9mm when i got inspired. i've had this gun for two years, and put 6500+ rounds through it. perhaps not a lot for some, but surely more than others...anyway, here are pics of my rust free, melonite free, problem free xd9 service:

Picasa Web Albums - clark - high mileage

thought i'd save xdtalk the bandwidth...lots of pics. willing to take more if anyone wants them...

p.s. the first shot, of the two springs, is interesting. the top one is a 20# spring after roughly 3000 rounds, and the bottom is a new one.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Can barely even tell by looking that it is a pre-melonite xd. Even with the old finish, I'm under the impression that bad rusting was definitly the exception, not the rule.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Wow, that's in surprisingly good shape. Keep up the good maintenance!

·
Premium Member
22,397 Posts
iam with you guys i have a couple non melonite and never had a problem, and all are over 5k round counts, sometime i think guys look for trouble with them?

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
I bought my XD back in 2003 and have yet to have a problem with the finish, or the weapon rusting. I will post some pics of it later. 15,000+ rounds later no problems!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I have never had a problem with the slide or barrel on any non-melonite XD I have owned, but I have has rust primarily on the slide release button and the pins. I certainly would not be afraid to pick up an older XD I found at a great price.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Very nice. Thanks for sharing. I don't have near the carry time with my XD40 Service, nor the range time. But good to know that it can hold up to the time and elements.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts