Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I traded a Glock (I know some will applaude and some will boo) for an XD9 V-10 --factory ported gun. The V-10's fired casing was dated 2002 --which would have been during the Clinton assult weapons ban. In with the usual paperwork was a form to order up to 5 per person (not sure what the quantity was about) 17 round Beretta 92fs mags. The form showed the mags would sit what looks like a 1/16th of an inch out of the bottom of the XD and warned not to force them in any more than that.

It figures during the ban Springfield couldn't import the evil high capacity mags, but the Berttas were already here.

By the way the V-10 shot great.

·
Premium Member
2,186 Posts
You'd have to modify the Beretta mag: the XD mag catch hole is on the front of the magazine (where the rounds face) and the Beretta mag catch hole(s) are on the side, around the 10 and 2 o'clock positions. Other than that the mag wasn't made for an XD so unless you measure it perfectly and your pistol likes it I wouldn't count on it. Anybody else ever mod a 92 mag for an XD9?

·
Registered
512 Posts
I was looking for some on a trader board and someone told me I could get the Beretta mags and that they are easily modified, but I passed. Still, at every gunshow I go to it seems the Beretta mags are always cheap, I may pick up a couple and try it. I wouldn't use them for serious social purposes, but if they work they might make cheap plinkers.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure if they still make the V-10's I saw a post mentioning a 2006 model, so they might.

I'm kind of a mag snob ---I ususally do original equipment only ---but I have a couple of 18 round Mec Gar Beretta mags coming for my Beretta.
I wouldn't think of shoving them into my XD ----just thought it an odd bit of history.

You have to admit it is a cool line drawing of an XD ---I do autoCAD, might have to scan it in and do a "drawing".......

·
Registered
140 Posts
Taurus 92 mags have the hole forhte mag catch in the front. don't know if its the same location as the barettas but it would be worth a look.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts