Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only shot XDs 9mm twice but both time I notice I am shooting high and left. The range I am shooting at is uphill for the 12 - 15 yard target. Any chance this has something to do with my inaccuracy? I still hit the perp in the vital organ area but just curious if I am doing something wrong - is it the range or should I have someone who knows what they are doing adjust my site's? Have shot long guns all my life but this is first handgun. Thanks for anyone's help. I realize it might be that I just need more practice - only put 100 rounds downrange.

Love the gun tho.

·
Premium Member
127,986 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Welcome from New Jersey. Shoot more

·
Premium Member
27,915 Posts
Welcome from Florida!

Keep shooting...it's not the sights! Go to the XDs forum. There's plenty of info!

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
High and Left

Must be Colorado.

Welcome.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Usually for a right handed shooter this means you are anticipating the recoil. Funny... most I hear of are low and left.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I thought from the thread title he was a pot smoking liberal.

My bad

kypix

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Welcome from Central Florida.

·
Registered
8,278 Posts

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
From what I have read you are pushing the gun with your palm and you need move your trigger finger over slightly. Try relaxing your right hand grip a little and holding little more with your left hand.
Also doing a dry fire watch if your trigger finger first joint is against the gun. It shouldn't be touching the gun. The flexing of finger when pulling trigger can cause the gun to move sideways if finger is against the side of gun.

·
Premium Member
4,647 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
Welcome from South Carolina!

·
Super Moderator
46,414 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts