Springfield XD Forum banner

Hi Y'all

844 views 19 replies 20 participants last post by  shaner 
#1 ·
Hi all,
Well to start off most people refer to me as Gunner(not because I like Guns) and to tell you the truth I've been shooting USPSA competition for just about 4 years now. I started shooting competiton with a Ruger P95 and have upgraded to a Ruger SR9. I know this is a forum about the XD, but just bear with me and I'll get there. I have had 2 SR9's one that I retired to my carry gun and the other I just bought last August for competition use only. I love the SR9 and it has never failed me yet, until a couple weeks ago when I had a really bad malfunction with the gun. Well just this past weekend was my local club's USPSA match and I went and did my work for setup and stayed to hang out with the rest of the staff who are some of my greatest friends while they shot the match. Of course they all asked me why I wasn't shooting and I told them all about what happened to the Ruger and that I had to send the gun back to Ruger to get it repaired. Well one of my buddies mentioned to me that I could use his Springfield XD and shoot the match on Sunday since most of the staff gets to shoot a second gun again on Sunday which I took him up on. Boy did I love the gun. It was the Springfield XD Tactical Long slide in 9mm. Well I loved it so much. I know that it had a trigger job done on it and grip tape on the grip. He mentioned that it was all done at Canyon Creek. The trigger had to be sub-3lb and had a very short reset. Well now I'm hooked because I shot my best match ever with the greatest accuracy and quickness that I have ever had. I am looking at getting an XD now to shoot and get rid of the Ruger. So I'm looking to jump the Ruger bandwagon and join the Springfield bandwagon. So I thought that I would join the forum here and learn as much as I can about the gun and it's quirks from people that use them a lot.
Gunner

See less See more
#9 ·
Think I just answered your other post and forgot to welcome you to the forum. My bad. Welcome to the site.

#11 ·
Welcome to XDTalk Gunner:)

I still have my Ruger P95 stainless with me.

#20 ·
hello there

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.