Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I pick up my XDM 45 Competition model today. Im not a new gun owner and I'm 43 this year. Now that some of the basics are out of the way...

#1) Wisconsin has FINALLY passed a CCW that goes into effect on Nov 1st.
YES this gigantic 5.25" will be my carry weapon. Please note Open carry has been legal here for like--- ever so if you can see my 5.25 comp model 45 on my hip so what. Now that we have the CCW many people will be armed. Previously if you tried to open carry you were begging to be harassed by the LEO's. Now its just oh sorry my cc weapon is kinda big so I guess I'm open-carrying (Which DOESN'T require a permit ) HAHHAHAHA KRAZY !! Better have that CCW permit on ya though or you'll be asking for it for sure !!!
Fine line there !!

#2) Veridian X5L I think is the newest one Light Laser combo.

I'm already sold on Veridian but there's of course NO holster available!

Assuredly not for the NEW 5.25 XDM since there's barely any for the XDM 4.5 WITH attachment.

Any suggestions please---- any black hawk reps here .. are there any Veridian dealers here that are able to contact them about their tacloc for the 5.25. Demand = results !!!

They appear to be a good company (Veridian) and I assume will respond pretty quickly to the need for a locking holster to accommodate the 5.25 XDM. I HOPE!!

I just saw a thread here where the Veridian X5L is back-ordered EVERYWHERE Not Kewel !!! anyone got news on that too ??

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Welcome from Texas! :D

·
Premium Member
22,590 Posts
Welcome to the fourm from Louisiana.

·
Premium Member
128,397 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Welcome from Northern Michigan.

Do you know what time it is when you buy a new gun? It's time to start shopping for the next one:)

I would personally recommend the xdm 3.8compact. It is really nice for concealed carry.

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Welcome from Central Florida!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Welcome from Wiscosnsin...

Just to be clear, I am an "Open Carrier" that open carrys every day (XD-40) and have had 2 encounters with LEO while carrying... both were good, positve encounters. I am well aware of all the bad LEO encounters talked about (throught the U.S.) but I am a firm believer in reacting to an LEO based on his initial reaction to you. I am also not fooling myself into thinking a friendly LEO is your friend... I understand it is their job to get you to say things that could be used against you if you ended up getting arrested but still.... A polite, friendly, responce to a polite, friendly LEO goes a long way... especially if you are doing nothing illegal.

Just Sayin...

Outdoorsman

·
Premium Member
32,784 Posts
Welcome from MN

·
Registered
103 Posts
Welcome from Washington. Congrats on the ccw. We do have CCW law and as of the 24th of July we can shoot suppressors...although it had been legal to own one you couldn't shoot it. Still no MG, SBS or SBR yet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome from Wiscosnsin...

Just to be clear, I am an "Open Carrier" that open carrys every day (XD-40) and have had 2 encounters with LEO while carrying... both were good, positve encounters.
Outdoorsman
Yea I hear ya I'm 43 & a minority and the 5.25 " 45 ACP that will be sitting on my hip will assuredly waver between concealed and open --

Just due to its friggin size you really cant hide it unless you under arm it or small of the back it..

so I plan to be quite professional and polite when "greeted" by the LEO's once I have my CCW and am carrying my new baby everywhere.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Welcome from California!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts