Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello- I am a dental hygienist from NC. I have three German Shepards that I consider my kids. I just bought an XD .40 sub compact this weekend. It took me a month to decide what to buy and your forum was very helpful. Now I just have to practice,practice, practice. Anyone know of any ladies beginner pistol classes in NC?
Thanks-Dale6281

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
Welcome from Oregon. I am sure there is someone out there that could answer your question... nice pick on your pistol!

·
Premium Member
8,923 Posts
Welcome from UT!

·
Registered
989 Posts
Welcome, Where abouts are you? There are lots of ranges that offer training, not sure of any off the top of my head for ladies but I haven't looked yet. Some good instruction in my area.

·
Premium Member
127,768 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Welcome from SW OHio...It only took a month to decide...I looked and rented several for about 6 months...:)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maybe a little over... I had a .38 special ultra lite before that I hated and was almost scared away from pistols. Then I picked up my hubby's Ruger .44 cowboy pistol and loved it. The XD is the first ACP I had ever fired. I thought of the millenium pro but I wanted one that I would love and it would last a long time. I also tried to find a Beretta PX4 subcompact to try, but couldn't even find one. I am now glad I couldn't. Thinking of lasers for the XD now.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Welcome from Rickingham Co. NC. Most indoor ranges offer some beginners classes but you may need firearm defence classes on gun retention and other points of interest.
The NC concealed carry class is a good class for use of deadly force training (equal force ect...). Most community colleges offer this.
Good luck and again, Welcome!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Welcome also from NC.

What part of NC are you in. I might be able to help you with some ladys beginner classes if you are in a area I know around me

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
If you are near Greensboro, check out Calibers indoor range. I believe they offer some classes, and I know they offer the concealed carry license class.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I actually have my concealed carry,but I got it a couple years ago and it was with my Taurus 38 special ultra lite. The XD I love and is another ball game entirely for me. I just wanted to get some expertise and practice alot. I would love to get to a point where I could do some light competing.(Just a dream!) I am in Lumberton,NC which is about 30 minutes south of Fayetteville (Ft. Bragg and Pope) right off I-95. Thanks for the welcomes

1 - 20 of 28 Posts