Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first stop at the forum, I haven't had a chance to read much here yet, but I'm sure I'm gonna love it.

I decided to start shooting recently; up until a few months ago, the only gun I owned was a Firestar 45 that I purchased about 20 years ago, and I hadn't shot it in a very long time. I'm going through an amicable divorce, and I was looking for fun things to do with my 14 year old daughter, so I took her out to shoot the Firestar a few times recently and she really took to it.

Which brings me to here.... I've been wanting something with a little more mag capacity and better target capability and I stumbled across the XDm product line on teh internets. I figured that I would end up with a 9 or a 40 for the capacity I wanted, but then I found the XDm 45 and I was hooked.

Saving for the gun was a challenge, with the divorce and all, but I finally bought it from Budd's, and it's now waiting for me at my local FFL dealer. Actually, I'm waiting for it... don't get me started about Maryland handgun red tape and BS.

I'm looking forward to sharing experiences and reading up on everything here.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Welcome..from New Mexico.
Yes MD has some odd gun laws, my Dad lives in MD.
I have spent A lot of time in Southern MD. He now lives in Waldorf, My Grandma lives in Western MD, Flinstone. Good people up that away..

·
Registered
480 Posts
Congrats on your recent purchase and welcome to XDTalk!

You couldn't have picked a better site to buy your XD... Bud's have the best deals on the web

·
Registered
22,574 Posts
Welcome to the fourm from Louisiana.

·
Premium Member
127,272 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Welcome from Iowa

·
Registered
158 Posts
Sounds like a good way to spend some time with your 14 year old. Sometimes they can be hard to connect with and what a great deal for her to like shooting.

·
Premium Member
3,448 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum from Colorado... glad you found us.

Well you may have to get the XD(m) 9mm fvor your daughter.. my grand daugher loves her's

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Welcome from Wonderful Wyoming

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Welcome from Northern California!! Congratulations on the recent purchase!

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Welcome to the forum...:)

·
Premium Member
21,719 Posts
hello there

·
Super Moderator
46,389 Posts
Welcome to the forum!