Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of weeks ago I started to look out for a new 9mm because I wanted to make my Browning Hi-Power a safe-queen before I put too much wear and tear on it. I shot a number of guns, all the usual suspects
-Glock 17&19: Grip angle is totally wrong, I've seen people shoot amazingly well with those but just not for me. My theory is that people that shoot Glocks well have an extra joint in their wrist
-S&W MP: Great ergonomics, very comfortable to shoot but the trigger blew chunks IMHO
-Beretta 92: Saw Mel Gibson shoot a smiley face with it in Lethal Weapon, thought that was cool. I hated every aspect of that gun. That's Hollywood for ya.
-CZ75: close, very very close but I guess it was too similar to my HP and I wanted something new.
I bought a XD(M)9 and I'm dying to take it out. It's going to be a big adjustment for me since I'm a big 1911 fan and my carry-gun is a Sig P220. I have only tried the .40S&W version briefly but I'm confident I can get used to the trigger which is really smooth, more like a well tuned revolver in Double Action.
I love to reload so expect some range reports and reload info...

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Congrats on your new XDM. Welcome from Minnesota!

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Good job going through your options. Glad you're liking the choice you made. I'm thinking that I'll need to pick one of those up some day.

Welcome from East of Cleveland, Ohio!

·
Registered
58 Posts
XDm in 9 is gonna be my next one let me know what you think.

welcome from PA

·
Premium Member
127,076 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Welcome to the forum from CT.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts