Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.k., I have not been here in awhile. and did not feel like doin' a search. Here's my question-- Has anyone had anyone had a problem with hi-cap mags in thier sub-compacts? Recently purchased a couple of them and have had nothing but bad luck reliability wise(FTF on every round)They are genuine "X-D gear" .40 cal Sub mags. I have run the gammut of ammo
and other "recommended" proceedures ( leaving the mags full for a couple of weeks, yada yada yada) Any Ideas? Thanx---Hammer

·
Registered
889 Posts
The one 12rder I have with a sleeve for mine works fine, and I have tried other 12round mags from other guns and they have all worked.
Do you have other Hi-caps that do work?
I know it's a dumb question, they are 40 cal mags? I have seen mags packaged wrong before.

·
Registered
885 Posts
hammerbite said:
Any Ideas? Thanx---Hammer
Check the spacing on the mag lips of the high caps against the ones on your standard SC mags.
It's possible you got 9mm mags by error. I understand yours are marked ".40"...perhaps the error was made in the factory.

I have a 9mm SC, and I have had no problems with feeding through the high caps that I own.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mags are most certainly .40 cal. Have not tried any others. ( none of the people I play with shoot X-D's) Original mags have fuctioned flawlessly for over 3000+ rnds. Things that make ya' go "Hmmmm?"

·
Registered
885 Posts
Try loading one round in each of the standard SC mags and the high cap mags. Look at how high the round sits in each of the mags. If they all sit at the exact same height, I'm at a loss.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
O.K. I just measured feed lips between all my mags ( hi-cap and original) and all were in spec and within .001 of each other. Even went so far as to swap out followers and test drive em. (my neighbors hate me-- always shooting late at night) Hi-caps still did not funtion with 3 rnds. Now I am confused :roll:

·
Registered
889 Posts
You switched the followers what about the springs? Look at the top coil, and compare it to one that you know works. If the top coil is bent down it can change the angle of the follower, or maybe the mag springs where put in wrong at the factory, if they were in backward it would cause the follower to tip forward causing the ammo to not line up with the feed ramp.
Does it feed anything, or is it just the last 3rds?
I don't know I could be wrong, been wrong before, will be wrong again, but it's something to try.
Good luck, keep us posted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts