Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had been lusting after the parA long slide for about a year. the local toy store finally had one in,:D so i purchsed it ($1200 otd)over twice what any of my xd,s cost. well the manual says to shoot atleast 250 rnds through it before any cleaning so thats what i did. I used 230gr remington factory ball ammo.it took me several days to do this due to the numerous FTF,s (pistol shoud be referred to as single shot). sent it back to para and after 4.5 weeks i got it back. they replaced the hammer?? disconnector,recoil spring etc. First rnd tried was an FTF!!:( called para and they fedexd 2 new mec-gar mags for me to try. same thing FTF,s:evil:. You would think that a high dollar pistol such as that wouldnt run like that but it did.I fully expected para to replace the gun. Anyway i traded it in on a desert eagle 1911 and it purrs like big cat!!:D NEVER AGAIN WILL I WASTE MONEY ON A PARA! I HOPE NO ONE ELSE GOES THROUGH THIS FIASCO

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Friend of mine had a similae nightmare. New out of the box, two rounds, the slide cracked and flew off the frame. Took it back to Cabelas to return it, they refused to take it back. Said to send it to the manufacturer. He tried, got the runaround. I think he threw it in the trash. This was years ago, not as expensive as yours, but I'll never even look at one because of their poor design or poor quality control.

·
Premium Member
2,186 Posts
This is why I question the seller on who I need to return the firearm to if it breaks or doesn't work, and if they say manufacturer, I'll call them to confirm.

·
Registered
29,595 Posts
I woulda tried it with a couple different types of ammo, m'self. Find out what they;re putting through it, since it's likely running just fine when they test it befoer shipping ti back to you.

Or not.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I have warthog and it runs good. Sorry to hear about your trouble!

·
Premium Member
127,151 Posts
I have three friends who have each experienced serious problems with their Paras. You couldn't convince me to buy once.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i did try several types of ammo. from the 230gr rem factory 200gr factory and 185gr nosler custom competition as well as numerous reloads that i meticulously Q.C.,d before attempting to shoot them. i own most of the xd,s that springfield offers 9mm,.40 .357 and .45acp all will accept any type of ammo you throw at it. It shouldnt have mattered what type of .45acp ammo i attempted to shoot the darn gun should have accepted it. (note to cuda66)I mean all of the above mentioned guns are priced at half what the para was. if anything the gun should have shot the ball ammo before the hp,s. anyway my toy store (whom i do 99% of all my business with took it back without a squabble. i got the desert eagle 1911 with extra mags and they are going to install tritium sights. so, it has worked out for me. i think i lost about $135 from the trade which most gun stores dont want to do that and generally want to squabble over it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts