Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sounds like a bit of blow by from before the case has fully expanded.

I always get a little blow by on one side of my fired cases. I will try to remember to take a picture of one of my fired cases tomorrow and post it. I don't think its anything to worry about.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I cleaned it and reoiled thursday night. I am useing Wincheaster white box. I do not think it is so much as blow by, I am more certain it has to be from striping and loading since its on one side. I can not think of any other reason. It tapers off on the case. Third mag it was fairly light. I just thought of that. So again I would assume maybe to much gun oil not that I do not try to keep it light. If it were blow by I would think it would be felt as the gases vent. I could be wrong. I just finished cleaning it and to me it was pretty filthy from 36 rounds haha. Thank you for replying as every bit helps.
Your extractor pushes the case to one side before it is fired. There is plenty of room in the chamber for a tiny gap to be created. Not surprising at all that it is only on one side. I just checked some of my cases and I can see it only on one side as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts