Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into getting a new XDs Mod2 45 but don't see any 45 version on Springfield's website. Is the 45acp being made anymore?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Negative, it is not. You may get lucky and find a new one still out there...I saw a shop near me list two new XDm 9 Compacts yesterday....

What state are you in?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.
I'm in SC. I see one on GB but a crazy $750.
I assume the reason Springfield isn't making the 45 version anymore is due to sales and not problems, correct?
I have enough 9mm but was looking for another 45. One that small. Reviews were good on the 45.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Thanks for the reply.
I assume the reason Springfield isn't making the 45 version anymore is due to sales and not problems, correct?
I have enough 9mm but was looking for another 45. One that small. Reviews were good on the 45.
That is my assumption, mine has been problem free! Look on your local armslist. Check daily, they go quickly!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Get both!
My wife is biatching I have too many pistols now and she's right. Though, you can never have enough.
I have a few Glocks and am interested in getting the G30 but was looking for something 45 that's smaller. The XDs Mod2 45 seems right.
I'm going to watch this video. One of my favorite gun guys on youtube. G30 and XDm 45 compact comparison.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Few weeks ago, picked up a NIB one off a local site. Fantastic firearm, after the PRP trigger install. Best of luck!

Edit..whoops, u said XDs. Keep looking, they're out there.

0226211742.jpg

·
Registered
25 Posts
I carry my XDS Mod 2 .45 off duty sometimes. It's been a great gun. If you cant find one and you want something comparable (since you are considering a G30, which is a great gun also) you may want to try the GLOCK 30S. I carry one on duty a lot (plain clothed). It also has been a great performer, and much thinner than a regular G30.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thanks for the reply.
Last March before all of these lock downs I got a XDE in. 45acp the only thing that I would like to up grade to is a short reset trigger and a adjustable trigger to adjust the pre travel

1 - 11 of 11 Posts