Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say Hi to all of you, and say that this Forum kicks major bootie!

I just picked up a brand spankin' new XD40 with the freebies (Xtra mag. and holster.)

Although the holster was nice, I'm left handed (only when it comes to firearms, I write with my right hand.) I'm going to have to pick up another holster soon. I'm thinking of the Hogue or the rescomp speed holsters. Do any of you have one, or can comment on those 2?

I just finished outlining my slide with some crayola, now I'm almost about done with some armadillo! This piece is pimpin'!!! Can't wait to shoot the hell out of it. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
27 Posts
welcome to the club, dude... :D :D you won't be sorry for your new investment and enjoy your new toy :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Welcome to the forum! The Crayola trick is great.. but be prepared to explain to your kiddo' why they don't need a white crayon... I told mine, that she draws on white paper, and doesn't need a white crayon.. that has worked so far...

As for holsters.. I would suggest not getting the Don Hume IWB holster. I got one, and while it is comfortable to wear.. re-holstering is nearly impossible. I have pretty much been wearing the Fobus fixed paddle holster.. as time goes by, I love that thing more and more. I am not giving up on the Hume just yet.. but I like to open carry when I can. I like that Fobus holster.

Raymond

·
Premium Member
336 Posts

Hope you enjoy your new XD.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Congrats on your new piece and WELCOME!!!!! :D

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
You have chosen well, my son. Your journey will be enhanced by the inmates of this rubber room, as was mine. I must recommend the Don's Guide Rod, probably the best low-buck upgrade out there. 8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts