Springfield XD Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18,709 Posts
I think for the price of ammo, 9mm is a good choice. With self-defense ammo, you'll be fine. If you can get your hands on both, shoot them and see what you like.

If you can conceal it, try the XD45 compact 4" if you'd like the .45 acp...it's my favorite round for felt recoil, but it's the most expensive ammo, too.

I was quite surprised even how snappy the 9mm was in the XD9sc and in a Glock 17 I rented when I took my wife shooting.

Well aimed/placed shots from any of those (9mm, .40s&w, .45 ACP) will do the job.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I just bought a sub-compact (9mm) and went through the same thing....couldn't make up my mind between the .40 and 9 I ultimately got the 9 because I love the 9mm service I already own, and the cost of ammo being cheaper. I'm sure you'll love either:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just got my two-tone 9mm xd sub friday,after ordering it the 1st week of march.I chose the 9 over the 40 cause of the cheaper price of ammo and also less recoil with the 9 over the 40 in these sub compact guns.This is my 2nd xd,i have the 45 tacticle too.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.