Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you had any of the USA Winnies swell the case ? I brought some back with me from Chantilly, and I had one swell up and get stuck. I had to pry it out of the chamber. Just wondering if this was a freak thing, or if I should switch to another target ammo in my XD.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The only factory ammunition I've fired through my 357 Service is about 150 rounds of Remington 124 gr. FMJ. I've probably got 3,000 to 4,000 rounds of my reloads through it and have never had any problem whatsoever.

Check the chamber and make sure it's really clean and doesn't have any build up in it, or rough surface. If everything looks good, then try a different brand of ammunition and see what the results are. If it happens again, then I would send the gun back for service, though you may be able to call them and just send the slide and barrel.

Hope this helps.

Fred

·
Registered
6 Posts
Tang419 said:
Have any of you had any of the USA Winnies swell the case ? I brought some back with me from Chantilly, and I had one swell up and get stuck. I had to pry it out of the chamber. Just wondering if this was a freak thing, or if I should switch to another target ammo in my XD.
I have shot over 1500 rounds a various factory ammo. Never had a problem.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've shot 350 rounds or so through mine now and thats the first time its happened.

Love the quote from Snatch in you sig, great movie :D

He makes good quotes in his films, like:
"If his unpleasant wounding, has somehow enlightend the rest of ya, to the grim finish below the glossy venier of criminal life, then his injuries carry with it inherit nobility, and supreme glory. You say poor Toby, I say poor us."

Or atleast it goes something like that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts