Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I'm new to the forum as you can see.

I am hopeing to buy a springfield XD in a month or so after I make a few other pistol purchases. Unless I get an ffl, it will be a while, since I can only buy 1 gun per month. :x

Anyway I am looking to buy the springfield XD Service model 4" ... not sure which caliber yet. Just wondering if it is availible to regular civilians or only leo's ?

thanks

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Uhhh..after a few more pistol purchases? Whaddya gonna buy?

And...XD's are available for public consumption. Not LEO only. All info on XD can be found here. If you need help you are in the right place. The folks here have been very helpful to me.

·
Registered
435 Posts
You might consider the 40 cal because then you can convert it to 9mm for lot of cheaper range practice. You can go down, but not up in caliber with the conversion barrels (because the size of the hole in the slide). I hope this helps. I hope you enjoy your stay here. You will find a lot of valuable information. If you haven't already, check out some of the sponsors here, they offer lots of great products and services for the XD.

·
Registered
144 Posts
springingxd said:
Just wondering if it is availible to regular civilians or only leo's ?

thanks
Makes me wonder. Why is it that my case from SA had a sticker saying "Restricted Sales Law Enforcement only"?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Son of Norway said:
Uhhh..after a few more pistol purchases? Whaddya gonna buy?
prolly another Glock and HK :wink:

Son of Norway said:
And...XD's are available for public consumption. Not LEO only.
ohh ok... I have a Springfield catalog, and the way that they word the XD as a "service model" looks as if its only for leo's.

And wow I just realized my friend has a "service model" 9mm XD lol ... I completly forgot. The "service" threw me off a bit

Also, What about the XD 45 with the LE next to the 45 ? That stands for law enforcement right ?

And can you convert the 45gap models into different calibers or only the other XDs ?

thanks

·
Registered
435 Posts
MasonXD40 said:
springingxd said:
Just wondering if it is availible to regular civilians or only leo's ?

thanks
Makes me wonder. Why is it that my case from SA had a sticker saying "Restricted Sales Law Enforcement only"?

The ones I used to buy at the police supply had that sticker on them and that was before the ban on hicaps ended. LEO could have hicaps, not civilians then. Also, for me, it meant 3 mags instead of two! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts