Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought a new xd-m 40 and i like it very much. i was looking at SA's site at the custom shop and i have no idea what half of the terms are lol. the action and barrel mods are obvious but all the "high hand...etc" i have no idea lol. (sorry if this is the wrong forum by the way...i didnt know where else to put it.) so can anyone give me a run down of some of these custom terms and what the best mods would be. im looking to get into match shooting after a few months of practive. thanks

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
You need to shoot the gun and get a feel for what you may want improved. If you are going to shoot comp then you will want to work the trigger, possibly guide rod tube & other mods - possibly some different sights that you prefer. However -- right out of the box this is one hell of a pistol --

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree. Straight out the box I had a 3 inch group at 15 with the laser I can get a 3 inch at 30. And after 200 rounds hardly no wear marks on break down and not a single jam misfire or Enjection problem. I just wish I didn't had to smack the mag to get it to drop

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
If your having a problems with a tight mag fit when the mag is fully loaded & your mag is also hanging up you should consider sending your gun back to SA to have it checked. I know I read a post somewhere that this has been a problem with a few guns but was eaisly fixed by SA at no charge of course. They seem to have good customer service I hear

1 - 4 of 4 Posts