Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I was told that I could not CC my gun into a movie theater, but I can't find it anywhere in FS 790.06 (12).

I find it funny that we can carry in a bank, but not a movie theater, but none the less, I thought I'd ask.

·
Registered
608 Posts
hmm good question. subscribed

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
Movie theater carry is fine.

It's most likely corporate policy to not allow guns. The most they can ask you to do is leave. If you don't leave, you may be cited for trespassing.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Movie theater carry is fine.

It's most likely corporate policy to not allow guns. The most they can ask you to do is leave. If you don't leave, you may be cited for trespassing.
^^^ this

The only places you may not carry are places such as government buildings, police stations, etc.. Signs carry no weight so you can still carry if posted, but as mentioned previously, if asked to leave, you must or it's trespassing. What's more, unless it's a LEO, you are not required to answer if asked if you are carrying or not. I always carry to the movies.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^^ this

The only places you may not carry are places such as government buildings, police stations, etc.. Signs carry no weight so you can still carry if posted, but as mentioned previously, if asked to leave, you must or it's trespassing. What's more, unless it's a LEO, you are not required to answer if asked if you are carrying or not. I always carry to the movies.

What about this violation thing that Dooberson's post is talking about?

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
What about this violation thing that Dooberson's post is talking about?
The places not allowed is a combination of Federal and State defined locations (schools, federal buildings, etc.). Local government/agencies may not further restrict unless a statute grants them authority.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Can't carry in bars either

·
Premium Member
5,363 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Never heard of this one!

Not bars but restaurants with bars you can!

As long as you don't physically sit at the bar correct?

Question for the rest in FL, I thought you could carry in the airport as long as it was outside the security checkpoints but I was recently told you cannot carry in the building what so ever.....anyone know the official word on that one? (im too lazy to look up:p)

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Yes you can carry in the movie theater.

No you can not cary into the terminal where baggage or tickets are being sold, in fact there are signs prohibiting you from carrying when you walk into the rental car area in Hollywood airport.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not bars but restaurants with bars you can!
Carrying in a restaurant is fine, even if it has a bar, as long as you are not in the area where the primary purpose is for the sale and consumption of alcohol. If you are in such an area, even if not at the bar itself, you are in violation of the statute.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts